Windows 7 Error then restart loop when trying to install windows 7 64bit please help!!

Matrix

Hello everyone I just got my tower and everything from newegg today and after putting it all together I booted it up an popped in the windows 7 64 bit dvd for some reason the screen was messed up an there was like six diffence mouse pointers but it installed everything the first time then it had to reboot to install the rest when it restarted and booted up I got an error message that last like two seconds an it dumps the memory an goes into a loop of just restarting an error message over and over please help me I would like to get this computer up an running. By the way it is a custom built computer with: MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo, 1 2GB DDR3 RAM(have 3 more), nvidia N9800GT 1GB DDR3(have another I want to put in there too), AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz quad core, Sony lightscribe cd/dvd drive, and 1TB harddrive. Please help me figure out why this will not install on this computer I dont want to have to use XP or vista. Thanks!

I booted it up an popped in the windows 7 64 bit dvd for some reason the screen was messed up an there was like six diffence mouse pointers
This doesn't sound like a system you want to try to install an operating system.

Does the video look normal prior to booting to the Win 7 DVD?

I have seen several threads about the 9800 cards, so if all else fails you might try a cheap on to see if you can get Win 7 to install.

But until then, have you reseated the video card and the memory (or changed it around)?

What type of monitor do you have since Win 7 does not seem to like TVs during the install..

Back