Windows 10 Error when installing

Richard Myers

Good evening.

When trying to install a program called GSX into Microsoft Flight Simulator (Steam Edition) I get the error shown in the screenshot below.

33557227971_68e51a4e91_b.jpg

If I "Retry" the error repeats, if I "Ignore" the program installs but does not work correctly.

I did have the program installed but decided to reinstall after I noticed a small problem with it while in use.

Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome...

If the installer doesn't contain InvokeAsAdministrator in the code it will not cause the UAC prompt to execute which in turn will not allow the installer to gain elevated rights and you will get Access is denied.

In other words right click the installer and select 'Run As Administrator'

I did try that without success.

I have also manually tried to delete the contents of the relevant folders but get the message that need Administrator Rights etc...

The PC has a simgle user account, mine, which is set as Administrator.

If it's an older application it may have compatibility issues with Windows 10. Have you consulted the site/vendor you got the software from?

It is quite a new and frequently updated application.

I have posted on the developers website with no reply yet. However there is a similar post suggesting temporarily disabling anti-virus software and using some utilities to unlock and then delete the folders after which the software can be reinstalled.

The two utilities suggested are;

IObit Unlocker, Solution for "undelete files or folders" Problems on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 10 - IObit
Free File Unlocker - Delete locked undeletable files

I will try it this evening - fingers crossed and thank you for your help so far.

Back