Windows 8 Essential security software for windows.

Abdul Rahman

Hi,

I am using Windows defender as my antivirus as well as malwarebytes for malware removal. I want to know if there is any other security software I should probably install.

Thanks!

Is your Malwarebytes a free edition ?
A free edition is an "on-demand" protection program. Meaning it does not run until you click it open, and it stops the moment it finishes scanning.
If that is the case, I would suggest that you install a 3rd party program to help Windows Defender.

However, if your Malwarebytes is a paid version, then it is a "real time" protection program. Meaning it starts to work the moment you turn on the computer.
If that us the case, I think you are a-ok. Some might suggest something else to supplement. It's your choice then.

Personally, I have the free Malwarebytes edition. I have Avast free edition as my "real time " protection program.
I have Windows 8.1.1 Pro.

Hi,

I am using Windows defender as my antivirus as well as malwarebytes for malware removal. I want to know if there is any other security software I should probably install.

Thanks!
I run Windows 8.1.1 Pro and also use Defender alongside the pro or paid version of Malwarebytes. (the free version works just as well) I don't think you need anything else either...

Back
Top Bottom