Windows 7 Ethernet cable only works and lights up in minimal safe boot mode

Sort of always the case.... just when you need something the most.
Try an elevated command prompt and run the native System File Checker. Just type
sfc /scannow
and hit enter, just to see if there may be some windows corruption.
It's kinda why I suggested a quick and dirty Linux distro boot above.
There could be any number of things going on in Windows that might be causing some difficulties. Not the least of which might be some problem spots in the Windows Registry.
Have you tried a restore point?

Re-read the OP. No adapter working in normal boot or safe mode with networking boot. And lights not withstanding I can pretty much tell you that he isn't going to have a network connection in plain jane safe mode.
He won't have a network connection because not everything needed for one is loaded in minimal safe mode. However, it shows that the problem isn't hardware and the problem should be in what is additionally loaded in safe mode.

Sort of always the case.... just when you need something the most.
Try an elevated command prompt and run the native System File Checker. Just type
sfc /scannow
and hit enter, just to see if there may be some windows corruption.
It's kinda why I suggested a quick and dirty Linux distro boot above.
There could be any number of things going on in Windows that might be causing some difficulties. Not the least of which might be some problem spots in the Windows Registry.
Have you tried a restore point?
I wanted to do a restore point really badly but when I went to do it, apparently it was off the whole time and wasn't saving any points.. Sucks so much. Anyways I turned it on for when I need it in the future

Back