Windows 7 Ethernet driver ?

What computer do you have? Make and model of network card? These info and as such are needed for others to respond accordingly.

yeah
AMD ATHLON 64 ( 3500+)
ATI RADEON CHIPSET
REALTEK RTL8169 / 8110 FAMILY PCI GIGABIT ETHERNET NIC

Find out the manufacturer of your motherboard, go to their website, download the drivers from there.. OR go to Realtek's website and look for your model and download the driver from there... ;) or just google your ethernet card and I'm sure you'll find the one your looking for.. :)

Although if your looking for a driver for Windows 7 you might not have much luck if the manufacturer hasn't released one yet.. if that's the case, you'll have to try the latest Windows Vista driver for your ethernet card and hope it works.. if not then you'll just have to wait until a Windows 7 driver is released for it.. ;)

Last edited:
go to the installation file and right click and go to properties. then go to the compatibility and switch the compatiblity to VISTA. Hit Ok and then try and reinstall the driver.

go to the installation file and right click and go to properties. then go to the compatibility and switch the compatiblity to VISTA. Hit Ok and then try and reinstall the driver.

Thank you. I'll try that!

I'll report back, hopefully from Windows 7! ;)

The program ran successfully after assigning Vista to the compatibility.

However the system still does not see the Realtek adaptor at all. I rebooted, etc and still the Network Center behaves as if there is no network adaptor. I tried troubleshooting at every step of the way, also. No joy.

It is a beta release of Windows after all. ;)

Indeed Spider so i would suggest that you either use a wireless connection for the time being or you can just use another network adapter if you have one.

Indeed Spider so i would suggest that you either use a wireless connection for the time being or you can just use another network adapter if you have one.

I'm sure you mean WIRED connection, as it is a wireless Realtek adaptor I'm trying to get W7 to see. ;)

It's an internal USB adaptor, by the way, and has caused problems with other attempted installations as well as W7 (I swap out hard drives to experiment with, retaining my Vista Premium as the default).

The only OS to see it straight away was Fedora 10. It connected immediately and all I needed to do was enter my router key and I was on the internet.

indeed i did mean to say wired. This is an interesting problem that you are having here. It seems like the hardware for your computer doesnt like to interact with one another. Once again i sense that a driver issue will probably be to blame.

Back
Top Bottom