Sylah

I have searched the web for more information on how to fix the above mentioned event ids however, noone seems to have the perfect solution.

My problem is that I ONLY get these even its within the first 30 minutes of starting my computer - not the rest of the day no matter what I use it for.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate - and yes it's legit!

Typical scenario: I start the computer. I log on Facebook, play a few flash games, the screen freezes and there are a lot of pixels scattered over the desktop, then the screen goes either black or white or blue, then it says that the screendriver stopped responding and was re-activated, then the same thing happens all over and usually ends with my computer re-booting. When the computer has rebooted - it works like a charm for the rest of the day.

I have disabled anything that has to do with the power - no hybrid - no nothing - everything is set to never sleep.

I have changed the voltage and timing in the BIOS to match my RAM (which isn't on Gigabyte's list of appropriate RAMS)

I have very few programs running on start-up. And none that requires a lot of work for the computer.

I even wrote ATI, but they couldn't reproduce the error - so no help there. And the Graphics card is a ATI Radeon 5970.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/4/2010, 09:00:02
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-790FXTA-UD5
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (4 slots of 2048)
Available OS Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1305MB used, 2784MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Now I could post the details of the error, but I didn't want to write a whole novel - unless it's required. Can anyone help me?

Solution
It seems like you're facing a challenging issue with your Windows 7 Ultimate system that involves screen freezes, scattered pixels, screen color changes (black, white, blue), and eventual reboots, primarily within the first 30 minutes of starting your computer. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
1. Update Graphics Card Drivers:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers for your ATI Radeon 5970 graphics card. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause display issues.
2. Check for Overheating:
- Monitor the temperature of your GPU and CPU to ensure they are not overheating. Overheating can lead to display abnormalities and system crashes.
3. Memory Test:
- Run a memory...
It seems like you're facing a challenging issue with your Windows 7 Ultimate system that involves screen freezes, scattered pixels, screen color changes (black, white, blue), and eventual reboots, primarily within the first 30 minutes of starting your computer. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
1. Update Graphics Card Drivers:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers for your ATI Radeon 5970 graphics card. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause display issues.
2. Check for Overheating:
- Monitor the temperature of your GPU and CPU to ensure they are not overheating. Overheating can lead to display abnormalities and system crashes.
3. Memory Test:
- Run a memory test to check for any issues with your RAM. You can use tools like Memtest86 to perform thorough memory diagnostics.
4. Check for Malware:
- Perform a full system scan for malware and viruses. Malware can sometimes cause system instability and display issues.
5. Check Event Viewer:
- Look into the Event Viewer (event IDs you mentioned) to gather more information about the errors and possibly identify the root cause of the problem.
6. Check Hardware Compatibility:
- Ensure that all your hardware components, including RAM, are compatible with your motherboard. Incompatibility can lead to various issues.
7. BIOS Update:
- Consider updating your BIOS to the latest version provided by Gigabyte. Sometimes BIOS updates can address hardware compatibility and stability issues.
8. Power Supply:
- Check if your power supply unit is providing stable power to your system. Inconsistent power supply can also cause display issues.
9. Clean Dust:
- Ensure that your system is free of dust, especially around the GPU and CPU area. Dust accumulation can lead to overheating issues.
10. Contact Technical Support:
- If the issue persists after trying these steps, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support or Gigabyte for further assistance.
If you decide to provide more details about the specific error messages, it could help in pinpointing the exact cause of the problem. Feel free to share that information if needed.

Solution
Back