Windows 7 Event log error: ...failed to load: ASMTFilter

Dave McKeen

Hello! I'm on my 3rd Windows install on this PC build and want to keep it as clean as possible. Besides, on shutdown I get the “Waiting for Background Program to Close” for a fraction of a second- with nothing listed between the horizontal lines. I figured I would start by fixing the causes of errors and warnings in the event logs. I've had some success, but am stumped on this one.

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ASMTFilter
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7026"

It seems as though it's related to a USB driver- possible ASUS or Logitech. What's the best way to track this down? If I don't need it I'd like to keep it from trying to start. I really would appreciate the help.

Would running HijackThis be of any value?

Once upon a time I had a really fancy startup manager on my PC. I forget who published it. Does anything come to mind out there for Windows 7?

ASUS Z87-Pro 1 PS2 BIOS 1405 8/19/2013
Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Cooler Cooler Master RR-212E-20PK-R2 Hyper 212 EVO
G.Skill F3-1600C9Q-32GXM Ripjaws X Series 32GB
Drive0 (OS), Drive 2 (Apps) 2 ea. Corsair CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK
Drive1 (Data) HGST-Western Digital Ultrastar 2TB 7200 RPM
GPU ASUS GTX650TI-O-1GD5 GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
PSU Rosewill TACHYON -750 750w Modular Active PFC Platinum 80
Blu-Ray Drive ASUS BW-14D1XT Black Blu-ray Burner SATA
O/S Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS all updates

The notice "Waiting for Background Program to Close" is no alert. It only means that you have programs running... no big deal, Windows works with closing them. An issue might be, if your computer takes 15 minutes or more, or something, to shut down.

The ASMTFilter seems to be a camera filter, not far from your Avatar, I'm a photographer myself, http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44106-Maximus-vi-formula-asmtfilter-driver-boot could give you answers. Do check the latest drivers: two ways,

1. Uninstall present, and install the original ones you got an a disc > then upgrade
2. Uninstall present, upgrade from site

I's quite often better to install the original ones, then upgrade.

Be sure you are registered, and log in.

Back
Top Bottom