Windows 7 Event Viewer Error ID 100,200 / Boot Times

FirstBuild001

I'm running windows 7 RC and in the event viewer I get Error ID 100 associated with EVERY boot up for my pc since I built it (3 months ago. never looked before cause it works fine. looked out of curiosity this time) and error ID 200 for every shutdown. I'm wondering if anyone every/has this and if they know how to go about fixing it. I think its something with windows 7 RC itself.

Also, what kind of boot times do you guys get? I seem to have 55-70sec from the moment I push the power button till my pc is fully usable. (core i7, 6gbs ddr3 ram)
Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Last edited:
I'm running windows 7 RC and in the event viewer I get Error ID 100 associated with EVERY boot up for my pc since I built it (3 months ago. never looked before cause it works fine. looked out of curiosity this time) and error ID 200 for every shutdown. I'm wondering if anyone every/has this and if they know how to go about fixing it. I think its something with windows 7 RC itself.

Also, what kind of boot times do you guys get? I seem to have 55-70sec from the moment I push the power button till my pc is fully usable. (core i7, 6gbs ddr3 ram)
Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Event ID 200 is logged for every shutdown. Other Event ID's from 201 to 299 are possible problems.

You may have some drivers timing out.... did you look at the Administrator logs for critical errors?

I have the same system with only 3 gb ram. I get about 1 minute from the time I click Reboot .. till it gets back to my cursor. I think that timing shutdown and reboot is a better indicator. Often shutdown will hang if there are hardware problmes.

i have a logitech mouse that I had to install a program for, it is run at startup. I installed it first thing when I got my pc.. maybe its that? And where would i go to check my administrative log and what should i look for?

i have a logitech mouse that I had to install a program for, it is run at startup. I installed it first thing when I got my pc.. maybe its that? And where would i go to check my administrative log and what should i look for?

From my canned reply file...

6. Are there any yellow flags when you click "Start" and type and enter "control" ?

7. Are there any "Critical" errors logged when you click "Start" and tpe and enter "ev" and
look at the Administrator logs under "Custom Views" ?

I assume you are thinking you should get a faster boot?

Unfortunately it's probably your bios slowing you down. here is one that boots in 10 seconds

Viddler.com - Phoenix Instant Boot demo at IDF - Uploaded by engadget

I'm actually fine with the boot speed and everything runs fine. However, I'm just worried that all the warnings and a few errors (no critical) are bad, mainly because every start up I get a error 100 and some shutdowns i get error 200. Like I said, my boot times are 55-70 seconds and I'm fine with it but I just don't want the errors causing problems.

I also timed a restart and got it fully usable in about 75-80seconds. Again, fine with it (my mobo doesn't have a quick boot option or anything so it adds a bit) but I just don't want the warnings to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom