Windows 7 Event Viewer out of wack

sameh83

I just opened my "EV", and was surprised by all the warnings and errors that it has ! I never seen anything like this ! It looks as if the computer is barely working ! One of my top concerns was Kernal Power warning ! I will admit that i fooled around in the bios menu a lot and changed a few things that may have been the reason for this ! I will be doing a clean install soon and would also like to know how to reset everything back to default ! I would upload a copy of the "EV LOG" for you to see, but i cant find the copy command !

Thank you

Really ? 47 views and no answers on the world famous "windows7forums.com" ? that's unheard of ! lol Where is the help today ? :)

I've been researching this for the past ten hours.... :) just kidding... I'll look into it now. This forum is like the emergency room. Some who has a BSOD or doesn't have sound will get the "computer doctors" attention first ;) But no one will be left in the dark. Getting right to it. Just sit in the waiting room and get yourself a coffee in the meantime...

Last edited:
Ok, I need more information.
Do you have a specific problem or are you just curious why there are many warnings and errors? Or do you want to know how to investigate these warnings and errors?
In the BIOS you have an option to reset everything to default settings. Then click Save and Exit.
You CAN save your EV but I'm not telling you how. It's a secret...
By the way... it's now 86 views...

lmao,,,,thanks for the attention ! Anyways, i am having problems with flickering, stuttering etc for weeks now ! And when i opened the "EV", i was surprised to see the warning on Kernal power processor ! That has to be the number one issue that i seen ! Otherwise, everything else has an error in that log ! like i said, i would like to show you what it looks like, but you are keeping the copying method a secret remember ?

Morning! Going out. Be back later. Will help up then. Anyone else is welcome too!

I will be busy until tonight so in the meantime, you can look at the event number and troubleshoot it here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I'll check it out tonight but give me information about the error: Event ID, Event description and anything else about the error you can.

So you figured out how to get it into a text file! Good for you! :)

These solutions should help you:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Assisted Solution:
To solve this error, do the following:

1.In Windows, check your Power Options. Make sure that your Power Scheme is set to High Performance, and check that every option is set to “Always On”.
2.Make sure you have installed all latest drivers and firmware, especially for your motherboard and CPU.
3.Reboot your computer and go to your BIOS settings. Make sure that your power settings are set to maximum. This differs from coputer to computer.
In case the error occurs on a HP server, you should set in the Minimum Processor Idle Power State “No C-states”:

1.Enter BIOS by pressing F9 on POST
2.Navigate to “Power Management Options” => “Advanced Power Management Options” => “Minimum Processor Idle Power State”
3.Choose “No C-States

For some strange reason, i dont see these power options in my BIOS ! There is no advance power options ! I am thinking about updating the BIOS for my Lenovo T-61, but not really sure how to do it, and not sure where i can find it ! I looked on the Lenovo website but couldn't find it ! I am thinking that might be the reason for all the headaches ! My current BIOS firmware is from 12-6-2007 ! Is that too old ?

Thank you for the help that you been providing me with ! I really appreciate it ! I just have one issue with the BIOS upgrade ! When i tried to update the BIOS, i was prompted to insert a fully charged battery in order to proceed ! However, i dont have a battery for this laptop and cannot proceed without it ! Any suggestions ?

Try this: (found it on some other site)

First download the BIOS update, to a folder that you can remember easily or to your desktop, for example D620_A10.EXE.
Next, type cmd in run and press enter, then at the prompt type cd desktop , you should then see something like this C:\Documents and settings\rob\desktop
Now type in the folder name of where the update is located, or if its on the desktop simply type in D620_A10.EXE <--- where that is the name of your bios update now if you were to press enter it would bring up the dialogue saying "The AC adapter and Battery must both be connected, before flashing the BIOS" so here's the great bit, simply type /forceit after the .exe with a space and sit back and watch the update!! example C:\Documents and settings\rob\desktop>D620_A10.EXE /forceit

That's funny. The link I gave for the upgrade WAS 20 Apr 2010 but I wrote 2008 because the update version ended .08 :)
But yours is STILL newer since yours is from August 2010 and mine is from April.

I have to admit,,,I have been looking at this BIOS update for a few days now,,,,and EVERYTHING i seen about updating the BIOS scares the crap out of me ! Many people who updated BIOS wish they didn't ! And, since i never updated anything this serious before, i am really concerned about it !

It's a basic computing procedure that needs to be done.

Consider yourself lucky that there are many forms of protection nowadays that didn't exist in the past. Then, if you flashed with the wrong bios, your mahcine was bricked until you could replace the chip or the entire motherboard.

Bios update utilities don't allow that to happen nowadays, for the most part.

All you need to be concerned with is not losing power to the machine for any reason, for the few seconds the actual flashing takes. Other than that, you're good.

Go for it.

I am sure i have the right BIOS update but what if it's the wrong one ? will my machine accept the wrong version and brick up ? or, will it ONLY install and accept the right version ?

I seriously doubt any modern bios update utility used in Windows or otherwise, would allow an incorrect update.

Double check manually but other than that, you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom