Windows 7 Excel not printing

Woodbob

Honorable Member
Hi,

Have a dual boot system. Win XP Pro 32 Bit and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Using Office 12 ( 2007 ) Cannot print within
Excel on Win.7 - 64 bit. Get an error telling me there's printer problems. Printer is HP 8500 all in one.

All other programs in office print fine on Win 7 - 64 bit

All office 12 programs print fine via Win 32 bit, including Excel.

I've reinstalled the printer. It uses a driver from MS.. There is no driver from HP yet.

I do know that all the drivers aren't out as yet and perhaps this will correct the problem???

Do you know of a solution and is this a known issue or is it within my system?

Thanks

Your file could not be printed due to an error on HP officejet pro 8500 serie on s. There are several possible reasons:

There might not be enought memory.Try closing files and programs you aren't using
If you use a network etc, ( NO I DON'T)
There may be loose cables or a bad connection between your computer and printer

I don't use a network and the cables are tight

All works in Win32 bit - prints fine --- also everything except excel prints in Win7 - 64 bit

Thanks

Hi,

Bye the way the error message I typed was not a typo this is how it's on the screen.

8500 serie on s.

No red, but with the spaces.

Thanks

Hi,

Update:

Excel now printing... Previously was saving files as Excel 97 - 2003 workbook. Changed to save as : Excel open document and now it prints.

I do get a warning that not everything is compatable but I don't see a problem.

Perhaps new drivers next month, or whenever will correct the problem

Bob

Still no joy with Excel printing

Only Excel fails, the message about not enough memory or loose cables occurs when I press the print preview button as well as when i press to actually print.

Makes you want to stick with previous system, you get scared what problems will occur to add stress to life when you get a new PC!

Please let me know when either Excel or Windows 7 gets patched for this. I am using Excel 2003 student edition and cannot get round this by saving as another version of Excel, I have tried every option offered in the 'Save as' route.

Oh well, got to transfer my files onto a stick and print from my old PC for now.

By the way this is an HP 5380 all in one, would a different printer company be any better?

RSVP folks!

Hi,

I recently installed another copy of Windows 7 and Excel is now printing using an HP 8500 all-in-one.

Have you checked the Epson site for an updated printer driver?

Good luck

Bob

Fixed it!

Ok..I have this one figured out. If you only download and install the minimal driver(approx 150 mb.) from H.P. , then you will experience this printing error when you try to print certain excel document types.
You must download the whole driver package(approx 340 mb.) from H.P.
The printing errors disappear after installing this package.
Why H.P. does not tell you this is a real mystery?
mcgeezer.
:p

Problem Solved

I was having the same problem printing from Excel using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500. After spending a considerable amount of time trouble shooting I found that going to printing preferences -> clicking on the advanced tab -> and then unchecking the box for "Enable maximum dpi setting" made these error messages go away.

Back