Joeann812

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 each time I open Microsoft Excel, I get a message window refering to Stdole.tlp. When I click OK, Excel runs normally. Why does this Stdole.tlp message appear and how can I correct this so I no longer get the message when I open Excel?

Solution
The message you are receiving referencing "Stdole.tlp" when opening Microsoft Excel in Windows 7 is related to a compatibility issue with some system files or libraries. This issue can often be resolved by reregistering the "Stdole.tlb" file on your system. Here's how you can attempt to fix this issue:

Steps to Reregister Stdole.tlb File:​

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
    • Click on the Start menu.
    • In the search box, type "cmd".
    • Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
    []Navigate to the Office Program Directory:
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
      Code:
       cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office[your version number]
The message you are receiving referencing "Stdole.tlp" when opening Microsoft Excel in Windows 7 is related to a compatibility issue with some system files or libraries. This issue can often be resolved by reregistering the "Stdole.tlb" file on your system. Here's how you can attempt to fix this issue:

Steps to Reregister Stdole.tlb File:​

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
    • Click on the Start menu.
    • In the search box, type "cmd".
    • Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
    []Navigate to the Office Program Directory:
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
      Code:
       cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office[your version number]
    [
    ]Reregister the Stdole.tlb file:
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter:
      Code:
       regtlibv12.exe stdole.tlb
  2. Restart your Computer:
    • After executing the command, restart your computer to apply the changes.

Additional Troubleshooting Tips:​

• Update Office: Ensure that your Microsoft Office suite is up-to-date. Check for any pending updates and install them.
      • Check Excel Add-Ins: Sometimes, incompatible add-ins can cause such errors. Disable any newly installed or suspicious add-ins and see if the issue persists.
      By reregistering the "Stdole.tlb" file, you are essentially refreshing its registration in the system and resolving any potential conflicts that may have caused the error message to appear. After following these steps, try reopening Excel to see if the issue has been resolved.

Solution
Back