Windows 7 Except for Source, games crash

Sh0rty

I've been using windows 7 64-bit for about a week now, just got a new laptop

ASUS N71Vn-A1 NoteBook

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2.0G
4 GB ddr3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M 1GB DDR3 VRAM

My laptop keeps crashing any game that i play, it doesnt right away but certain games such as empire total war and even fallout 3 crashs. The "a error has occured" message pops up and then its game over, no save or anything. I still love my bf1942 and battlefield 2 and these games crash as well. If anyone could give me some advice or help a brother out, that'd be wonderful.:cool:

As far as tech specs, that rigs perfectly fine, so I suggest check for best stable drivers for video and sound and then make sure the games are also patched to newest builds. After that i'd be checking fan speeds and ventilation and use a hoover to suck out any dust, after that...make sure games have the firewall exceptions done for in/out traffic as that can lock some games up...especially ones with punkbuster.

Hi Shorty,

(i'm french, so sorry for my english)

I would like to know if you have resolved the issues with your games. Because i 'm trying to find a solution with Fifa 10 (the only one game i have) which made the same Error.
After 2min playing, my computer crash and switch off...

My computer is a Asus n71vn TY018 (Core 2 duo 2,53ghz). I know that the asus M60J have the same issue.

Have you made an Update of the Graphics and Sound drivers?

I uploaded the graphic drivers directly on the Nvidia website, but it did not resolve the problem...

Thanks for your support

Back