Windows 7 Exception 0x80000003 error occurs on shutdown of Win 7 Pro also OXEA47337

Your very welcome Frank I'm just sorry it didn't fix the issue fully. See how you go with Neemobeer's suggestion and if need be post again..

Hi Guys,

When I read Neemobeer's post "A 3 error is a path not found, the first thing I did was check the "Startup" folder in "All Programs." And I found a shortcut to "Natural Color Pro" a program I had previously uninstalled but the icon kept showing up in my Systems Tray.

This was a program I had downloaded a short while ago to trying improve the colour/ shade/ tint on a computer monitor. My son was getting a new one and thought I might like it because it was larger than mine. The problem with it was a persistent gray/bluish tone and lack of brightness. Being a Toshiba monitor, I visited their site and downloaded the "Natural Color Pro" app that was supposed to enhance the colours and enable their adjustment. It wasn't able to make any kind of material change in the problem. The gray/blue tinge remained no matter what. So, I told my son I more preferred the monitor I had and uninstalled "Natural Color Pro." But, its icon persisted in my system tray and I couldn't figure out how to remove except for using windows to not show it which I didn't find satisfactory because the effect on the remaining icons. So, when I booted my PC, I just right click on the "Natural Color Pro" icon and and choose Exit to get rid of it.

So, when I saw this icon in the Startup folder I immediately deleted it, and to may satisfaction finally got rid of it in the System Tray. After that I did a PC restart and did not see the dreaded Ox80000003. so far so good, I thought, as it hadn't been occurring with every shutdown. Perhaps when I took the time to exit the icon the error didn't show, but if I didn't exit it, it showed. Just a guess here, I'm not going to reinstall "Natural Color Pro" to test this hypothesis.

After that I downloaded "Autoruns for Windows" and shut down a lot of other items that were starting on Startup that didn't need to be starting every time I rebooted my PC. After that I did three restarts and three shutdowns and I haven't seen an instance of the dreaded error. Thank you Neemobeer for the suggestion. I hope this is finally it.

This exercise has not been without benefits though. My computer is running much faster perhaps because of the Backup and Restore. I don't know enough about these things but does rewriting an image backup file to a drive create an actual exact replica of the image or does it simply rewrite the required files consolidating their fragmentation? If it does consolidate the file, that might be a reason behind the faster performance. Alternatively, the new 2T Segate drive runs at I believe 7200 where as my WD ran at I believe 5400. I've also be scrubbing the PC with CC cleaner and Registry Repair all in an effort to get rid of this problem. So, I hope it's finally gone. I'll report back in about a week if all goes well till then.

I'd like to express my sincere thanks to all of you, kemical/Ross, BIGBEARJEDI and Neemobeer, for taking your time to look at my problem and share your expertise with me. It was all very much appreciated. I sincerely hope this thread is able to help someone else in the future.

Warm regards,

Frank

Hi Guys,

One other thing is I now have about 900 GBs of free space on my C: drive that may also be helping the PC's speed.

Frank

Hi Guys,

It just doen't quit. A while ago I had to reboot the computer and when I did the error came back. This is happening off and on. Then I went to do a system restore and found out that it wouldn't work anymore. So, I went to System Protection to try and reconfigure it and got the follow responses. See the attached Pics. Sorry to be such a pain but can anybody shed any light on this and advise what to do?

Tks,
Frank

Attachments

• System Restore 1.png
    System Restore 1.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 303
  • System Restore 2 .png
    System Restore 2 .png
    117.6 KB · Views: 327
  • System Restore 3 .png
    System Restore 3 .png
    123 KB · Views: 333
  • System Restore 4 after clicking OK .png
    System Restore 4 after clicking OK .png
    130.2 KB · Views: 312
Frank see those dialog boxes you've posted, I notice that your Local disk: C has system restore turned off whilst (C) has 'missing' ( restore files perhaps?) is turned on.

I would turn on protection for 'Local disk: C (system)' and turn off protection for C: (missing).

Hi Ross,

Never mind. Once I turned of the (D:) and (C:) Missing, I was then able to turn on protection for 'Local disk: C (system).' Thanks a bunch.

Frank

Hi Ross,

Rebooted once today with no error. Perhaps the return of the error was the removal of my old C: HD and the PC was still searching for it. And, as as consequence was show it missing. However, once I changed the setting to 'Local disk C (system), I see now on checking that 'C: missing" is not listed any more. And I have no error today.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi Guys,

I have not had any further Exception 0x80000003 since my last post on Apr. 12/17. Thank you all so much for your help from this forum, specifically, thank you kemical/Ross, BIGBIRDJEDI and Neemobeer. With your help I've been able to completely eliminated the Exception 0x80000003 error that I wouldn't have be able to achieve without it. Much appreciated. :)

Best wishes,
Frank

Hi Guys,

I have not had any further Exception 0x80000003 since my last post on Apr. 12/17. Thank you all so much for your help from this forum, specifically, thank you kemical/Ross, BIGBIRDJEDI and Neemobeer. With your help I've been able to completely eliminated the Exception 0x80000003 error that I wouldn't have be able to achieve without it. Much appreciated. :)

Best wishes,
Frank
That's great Frank!

Pop back if the issue returns

Back