Exception 0x80000003 error occurs on shutdown of Win 7 Pro also OXEA47337

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Frank McLean, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Hi BIGBEARJEDI and Kemical/Ross,

Over the weekend I tested the 4 RAM sticks. 12 & 4 for 12+ hours & 3 for 11.5 hours. No errors were detected. But when I tried to reboot into Windows 7 Pro, Window indicated that repair needed to be run, which I did and did a restore as part of that sequence. After windows restarted I rebooted a the PC to in effect save that configuration. During the shut down the 0x80000003 error occurred again but with a different location error as is typical each time the error is given. I also ran the windows memory diagnostic that indicated when it was finished it would reboot into windows and give a diagnostic report. When I came back, the PC had rebooted but I didn't find any diagnostic report.

I see when when I run HWiNFO64 it does show the S/N of my Seagate drive as ST2000DM001while Sea Tools for Windows startup screen show it as NA8E12X6. I tried to attach screen Shots of my PC areas with HWiNFO64 and the startup screen of Sea Tools for Windows but get first a red banner stating "The following error occurred. Then below that it says, "There was a problem uploading your file." When I tried to do it again my Waterfox browser indicated, "Not Responding" and after waiting some time for it to resolve, I had to close the browser and try again. And again, I got the "There was a problem uploading your file.

Additionally, Sea Tools for Windows only sees 2 of my 4 USB drives. One My Book drive, drive G:, was not showing and this is a frequent occurrence That requires me to pull the power cord on the drive and plug it in again to get to show. After doing that it showed up in HWiNFO64 and Sea Tools for Windows. My Iomega 1T drive was my first external USB drive and I believe it was prior to any standard being set for external USB drives and showed in Sea Tools for windows as Unknown but ready to test after G: drive showed up. The Iomega drive doesn't show up in HWiNFO64 under Drives at all.

So, next I intend to look into the tester in BIGBEARJEDI's link for WD drives as I have 4 of them to see if that detector shows anything.

So thanks again BIGBEARJEDI and Kemical/Ross for your really great support. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Frank

2. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Hi BIGBEARJEDI and kemical/Ross,

I have posted twice earlier today to this forum only to come back and see that those posts are not here. So, I apologize if those other posts show up later somehow. I had trouble with my Waterfox browser when trying to upload Screen shots of Sea Tools for Windows and HWiNFO64. Don't know if this is behind these messages going missing but I got an error window with a red banner that said, "The following error occurred." Next line read, "There was a problem uploading your file." And, Waterfox become non responsive.

So, to reiterate, I tested the 4 RAM cards with Memtest86+ over the weekend. Cards 1,2 & 4 I tested for more than 12 hours. 3 I tested for about 11.5 hours. No problems were indicated. When I was finished testing and went to boot into windows, windows indicated I need to run repair, which I did. After booting into windows, I restarted windows to save the configuration. Then I ran windows memory diagnostic. The Diagnostic indicated that when it was finished running it would reboot into windows and deliver a diagnostic report. But, when I came back Windows had rebooted but there was no diagnostic report that I seen.

Incidentally, when I run HWiNFO64 it correctly show my Seagate drive with an S/N ST prefix, that is, ST2000DM001-1ER164 while Sea Tools shows this drive's S/N as NA8E12X6.

So, I'm now going to test my 4 WD HDs with a WD specific tester to see if it finds anything Sea tools didn't find.

Thanks again guys for the great support and ideas. It's very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Frank

3. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Sorry guys, my bad. I didn't realize that the forum messages had moved to page 2, so when I got to the bottom of the first page and didn't see my earlier posts I thought it had to do with either my computer error, like my drive failing or the browser problem I experienced trying to upload the screen shots.

Moderator please feel free to delete the duplications.

Frank

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

No problem Frank, I'll remove one or two.

5. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Thanks, kemical, appreciate it.

Frank

6. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Hi Guys,

Today I download and ran Western Digital LifeGuard Diagnostics - DLGDIAG for Windows. My 4 WD HDs are C: & D: internal and G: & L external USB drives. DLGDIAG found 3 of my 4 WD drives and also detected my Segate USB Drive N: With regard to WD drive D: under SMART status it showed "? Not Availiable." And, My WD My Book G: drive wasn't showing in the top Physical Drive: window at all but did show in the lower Logical Drive: window. So, I started by running the quick test on D: and it passed. I clicked "VIEW TEST RESULT"/Start. The QT result showed the M/N & S/N, the firmware 80.00A80, drive capacity 2000.40 GB, Smart Status: Not Available, Test Result: PASS, and time and date of the test.

I then ran the Extended Test on D: with the same info as the QT but SMART status: in black print showed "PASS" and test result in green Print showed "PASS" but the quick test result remained " Not availble." A screen shot of the of the main window after the QT & ET showed a green check mark and Pass beside D:.

Before writing this update, I again opened DLGDIAG to see what it was showing now and the top window has reverted to showing "? Not Available" under the SMART Status heading for D:. Question is, Is this something I need to use some tool to fix? And, is this a potentially serious Problem?

Next, is I don't know how to test G: if it won't show up in the window. I shows up in the logical drive widow? So, why would it not be detected in the Physical drive window? I unplugged the power cord on G: and it showed up in DLGDIAG's Physical drive: window, so, I'm going to run the same tests on it.

Also, today while running one of my graphics programs an error window popped up stating, "Access violation at address 0084F521 in module DT5.exe. Read of address 02599418. When i closed that window another error popped up, "DT: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. The program locked up and I had to use "Task Manager" to close the program. I reloaded the program and it seemed to be working okay.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
    Frank

7. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Hi Guys,

I have now run both Quick Test and Extended tests on G: and it has passed both of those tests.

On a different note today something new happened. I got a new error message, "Runtime error 216 at 40008E2E. A Bing Search of this error presented the following Microsoft explanation of this error report:

Gowdy Interrogates Comey | Armstrong Economics

That basically says that this error is likely do to your computer being infected with a SubSeven Trojan virus.

I immediately ran a full scan with Trend Micro Virus Scan. That came back showing my computer was clean and in pristine operating condition.

I then contacted Malewarebytes Anti-Exploit technician who immediately dismissed the error as some kind of computer memory problem, until I then pointed out to him the microsoft assessment. He then connected to my computer and did some scans. The consequence of the scans was that he found 34 threats on my computer that he subsequently removed. After that I created a system restore point and restated windows to save that configuration. I experienced no 0x80000003 error on the shut down and reboot. So, just to make sure I did a second full shutdown and restart to see if an error occurred. There were no error reports. So far so good.

But, I'm going to continue testing my WD HDs with the DLGDIAG until I have tested all of them.

Incidentally, I see at least some of the threats were do to "reimage repair" software that I had downloaded that I thought was from Microsoft until after I had downloaded it and installed it. After scanning my computer it then wanted some exorbitant price to fix the errors. I thought this was free software provided by Microsoft, so when I realized it wasn't I immediately uninstalled it, but by then I was already infected. FWIW.

Regards,
    Frank

8. kemical

Hi Frank,
    that's great news and I hope that was/is the actual issue. I missed your post above for some reason but anyhow let us know how you get on. :)

9. Frank McLean

Frank McLean New Member

Hi kemical,

Looks good so far. I just rebooted again with no errors. I had other pressing matters to deal with today, so I haven't been able to test any further drives yet. I hope by the time I've tested the other 2 remaining HDs, probably this weekend, I should know for sure. I'm also going to look into possibly replacing my C: drive with an SSD but too soon to know about that yet but, SSDs sound promising. Do SSDs have a better life expectancy?

Regards,
    Frank

10. kemical

Hi Frank,
    modern SSD's do have better life expectancy then the older models and they should last at the least the lifetime of a normal HDD. I have one in my system that's been going for over three years and it's fine (Samsung 840).

Just make sure your system can use ACHI as SSD's run better using ACHI than IDE.
    AHCI vs IDE - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Good luck with the testing.