Windows 8 Execution of a DOS command each time a user logs off

balubeto

Extraordinary Member
Hi

In all editions of Windows 8, how do I make sure that it executes a DOS command each time a user logs off?

Thanks

Bye

I use task scheduler in Windows 8 to run a DOS batch file that I created to shut down the computer whenever a user logs off (disconnect from user session)
You might give that a try and see if it works for you. I suspect it would work on most DOS scripts (batch .bat, command .com etc.,).
Regards
Randy

By chance, in Windows 8 Standard (and in other editions), there is one registry key or entry that can perform a reg command that is executed when a user logs off? This key or entry must operate at the global level.

Thanks

Bye

By chance, in Windows 8 Standard (and in other editions), there is one registry key or entry that can perform a reg command that is executed when a user logs off? This key or entry must operate at the global level.

Thanks

Bye
None that I am aware of.
Back in the old days we used to put scripts / batch files here C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff
But since you have restricted your request to include all versions of Windows 8, I'm not sure if that will work as I do not have Windows 8 Standard edition to even look and see if that location exists. And since there is no native Group Policy Editor available in the basic version of Windows 8 that further restricts your options as a lot can be done through local group policies.
Most of those edits in Group Policy have equivalent registry keys but I have no idea what they are or where they might be. You might try Google with specifics as to what you are trying to accomplish at user Log Off (disconnect from user session) and see what's out there.

Back