Explorer.exe error

vinowg

Hi Guys,

Can someone help. I'm getting this random pop up screen as and when it like.

i have check the registry, the defaults apps setting , but it does not help. Please advise ( OS windows 10 22h2) . Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing random pop-up screens on your Windows 10 22H2 operating system. Explorer.exe errors can be quite frustrating, but let's try to troubleshoot the issue together.

First, let's ensure that your system is up to date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues leading to unexpected behavior. Go to Settings > Update & Security and click on "Check for updates." Install any available updates and restart your computer.

If the issue persists, let's try some general troubleshooting steps:

1. Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any potential malware or viruses that might be causing the problem.

2. Perform a clean boot to determine if any third-party applications are conflicting with Explorer.exe. To do this, press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, type "msconfig," and hit Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the "Services" tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, then click on "Disable all." Next, go to the "Startup" tab and click on "Open Task Manager." Disable each startup item by right-clicking on it and selecting "Disable." Close Task Manager and click "OK" in the System Configuration window. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, re-enable the services and startup items one by one until you find the culprit.

3. Use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and repair any corrupted system files that may be causing the Explorer.exe errors. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command "sfc /scannow." Let the scan complete, and if any errors are found, restart your computer.

4. Reset the Windows Explorer settings. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, type "explorer.exe" and hit Enter. This will restart the Windows Explorer process. If the pop-up screens persist after restarting Explorer.exe, try resetting the Windows Explorer settings to their default. Open the File Explorer, go to the "View" tab, click on "Options," and then click on "Reset Folders."

5. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try performing a repair install of Windows 10. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and under the "Reset this PC" section, select "Get started." Choose the option to keep your personal files but reinstall Windows. This process will refresh the system files without deleting your data.

Remember to back up your important files before attempting any major changes to your system, such as a repair install.

I hope these steps help in resolving the Explorer.exe error and stopping the random pop-up screens. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more information about the exact error message or any other symptoms you are experiencing, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Back
Top Bottom