I don't have any programs opened just the task manager. When I'm not moving the mouse my CPU usage stay from 0-2% but as soon as I move the mouse pointer, even though just a bit, it shoots up to 30%!!!!
Why is that happening? I'm really frustrated about it.
That is extraordinary. Could you give some brief details of you computer memory size and the type of mouse you are using. Fwiw. Moving my mouse does not affect my CPu by more than about 1% - sometimes not at all.
I had this problem with my Razor copperhead gaming mouse But, this was because of the polling rate on a very weak processor, when I swapped my mouse to a different pc with a better processor, the cpu usage did not jump like how it did on the weak processor.
What processor is in the laptop and how old is that laptop?
Try doing the same with a different mouse & try that mouse on another pc if you have a second pc.
Open control panel and click on 'Device Manager'. Expand 'Mice and other pointing devices' and see how many device drivers you have active. If there is more than one, try diabling them one at a time to see if this corrects the problem. Pleas note that you take a risk when you disable a driver that your mouse will not work at all, so be sure you know how to navigate with the keyboard prior to making any changes.
Tried that already. I even tried just using the Touchpad of the laptop, same problem.
I highly think that this is not a problem with the mouse since it happens even though you don't move the mouse pointer. Moving the mouse pointer will just maintain it at 20-30% explorer.exe cpu usage and NOT MOVING the mouse pointer would make it go up and down.
prehaps its something to do with power settings...maybe the cpu throttles up and down due to other background activity....such as windows defrag (which is enabled to defrag in spare cpu cycles), windows defender (again hidden task that auto scans etc), plus whatever anti-virus etc, as my pc never budges off 1% when idle or simply wandering about the desktop.
no idea to be honest, i merely noticed it was always running...until i completely took it out the equation and deleted it and disabled its shedules, replaced with the nicer auslogic defragger a day or so after installed the OS