Windows 7 Explorer hangs when I select a file to delete...

tr4driver

Greetings,

I tried to copy a file from a failing network drive to another nework drive, and the copy failed midway. Now when I right click on the destination file to attempt to delete it, explorer hangs. If I left click and press the "del" key, explorer hangs as well, and if I go to the command prompt and try to delete the file using the DOS "del" command, the process hangs as well.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be? The file is obviously corrput, and I would like to get it off my drive.

Thanks,

Kurt

You might try Shift+Del to bypass the recycle bin.

Have you tried moving it to another location? Can you right click and get the properties and see a security tab.

If you can, go to advanced, owner tab and take ownership. OK back out then select properties-security again and give yourself full control.

You might try Shift+Del to bypass the recycle bin.

Have you tried moving it to another location? Can you right click and get the properties and see a security tab.

If you can, go to advanced, owner tab and take ownership. OK back out then select properties-security again and give yourself full control.

Shift+Del does the same thing (the file is on a network drive so it's not going to the recycle bin anyway). If I right click, it hangs. If I try to move or copy, it hangs. I can left click and highlight it and that's all. Can't ever see properties.

Back
Top Bottom