Windows 7 External Monitor Issues

markluxton

In attempting to connect my laptop to my TV using the VGA output to the RGB input, I accidentally it up to display only on the external monitor. This wouldn't be a problem, but the image on the TV is garbled and unusable. I would like to turn this off, but I have no options to do so unless the computer is connected to an external monitor (in which case I cannot make sense of the output). Interestingly enough, this does not happen when I connect to a second TV with a DVI input. However, the settings I apply there do not carry over to the RGB TV. Is there anything I can do to turn this off so that I can continue troubleshooting my external monitor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong forum and wrong prefix. I am moving you to the right forum and removing the prefix. The [VIDEO] prefix is used to denote that a video is present in the post, not that you are having a video problem. This is also the discussion part of the site, and not support. Please also check to see if others are having similar problems. Thanks for joining.

Back
Top Bottom