Windows 7 External Monitor Issues

markluxton

In attempting to connect my laptop to my TV using the VGA output to the RGB input, I accidentally it up to display only on the external monitor. This wouldn't be a problem, but the image on the TV is garbled and unusable. I would like to turn this off, but I have no options to do so unless the computer is connected to an external monitor (in which case I cannot make sense of the output). Interestingly enough, this does not happen when I connect to a second TV with a DVI input. However, the settings I apply there do not carry over to the RGB TV. Is there anything I can do to turn this off so that I can continue troubleshooting my external monitor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong forum and wrong prefix. I am moving you to the right forum and removing the prefix. The [VIDEO] prefix is used to denote that a video is present in the post, not that you are having a video problem. This is also the discussion part of the site, and not support. Please also check to see if others are having similar problems. Thanks for joining.

Back