Windows 7 Faulty graphic card or drivers problem?

Deadz3

lately my graphic card is having problem, my pc will freeze and stop working, from the event log i can see
"error nvlddmkm - Event id 14"
"error nvlddmkm - Event id 13"
i tried to unistall drivers, try older drivers, format the pc, nothing worked.
is there a fix to this problem?

sometimes nvidia driver kernel has stopped working and has successfully recovered will pop up and instaead of crashing, my pc will just freeze till i close every application

it happen everytime when i try to play a game, or randomly while watching videos

Faulty graphic card or drivers problem?

my specs are :
windows 7 64 bit

Geforce Gtx 770

berlin 630w thermaltake 80

Intel core i5

8gb ram

if you need other information just tell me.

Hi,
are you sure it's not overheating? If your overclocking stop. Remove any dust build up and monitor the cpu and gpu temperatures. Try uninstalling the current driver using DDU (display driver uninstaller) as this removes anything left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
Install latest WHQL driver.

This app will check the Vram:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Finally see if you can run Furmark stress test (watch the temps too):
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Im sure it's not overheating. (using HwMonitor ), nothing is overclocked, but i use msi afterburner / A tuning for configure fan speed.
i already tried using DDU, but that's still happening, there is no dust in the pc.

i checked vram, 0 errors.
i can't upload the file. (the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension)

Cambiamento risoluzione a 640x480x16 in corso...OK
[10/12/2015 10:39:41] Test iniziato "Driver video primario (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770)"...
Test 16bpp RGB:565 in corso...OK
Test 16bpp RGB:555 in corso...OK
Test 16bpp BGR:565 in corso...NON SUPPORTATO (Codice: 80004001)
Test 32bpp RGB:888 in corso...OK
Test 32bpp BGR:888 in corso...NON SUPPORTATO (Codice: 80004001)
[10/12/2015 10:49:29] Test Completato (0 errori trovati).

is furmark safe?
i heard that furmark can cause permanent damage to the graphic card.

Oh, i installed furmark, did the stress test,
after 6 seconds, the test crashed, and "nvidia driver kernel has stopped working and has successfully recovered" pop up.
and after the test closed
" Nvidia opengl driver, unable to recover from a kernel exception. the application must close. Error code: 3." came

from the event log, the problem is nvlddmkm driver

I did the test again, and now it lasted 1 minut.
71 C° till my screen blocked and had to wait till nvidia "nvidia driver kernel has stopped working and has successfully recovered" came out

How old is the PSU?

Try reseating the GPU.

Is it possible for you to run the gpu in a friends machine and test with furmark again?

Just a word to the wise. MSI AfterBurner is known for causing BSOD's (google it if you don't believe) so might be worth uninstalling to test..

71c isn't too bad. Modern gpu's are designed to run around 70-80c so the temp is fine.

The psu is old around 18 months,
oh, and the problem started around 3 months ago, but it was not a huge problem, then started to be that.
if MSI afterburner is the problem, it's not strange that the problem started only "now" ?
what you mean with "Reseating the gpu"?

what you mean with "Reseating the gpu"?
Pulling it out and then placing it back in the motherboard.

if MSI afterburner is the problem, it's not strange that the problem started only "now" ?
I never said it 'was' the problem. I just said it could be and besides Windows changes all the time what with updates, different software etc. It's entirely up to you, all I'm saying is that it is known for causing the odd issue although chances are it probably isn't in this case

What about try it in a friends machine?

Pulling it out and then placing it back in the motherboard.
ok, i will try it!

I never said it 'was' the problem. I just said it could be and besides Windows changes all the time what with updates, different software etc. It's entirely up to you, all I'm saying is that it is known for causing the odd issue although chances are it probably isn't in this case
I will unistall msi and try if everything is stable.

What about try it in a friends machine?
Right now i can't.

Thanks for the help

Something else you could try if the above doesn't help is under clocking the card slightly. Test again and see if the card will run. If it does then it could be a power supply issue or the actual card itself.
Just out of interest have you tested the cpu?
Intel diagnostic
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit)

I did everything, but, after 2 days ( after reseating the graphic card ) it happened again.
this time, the screen blocked and i had to shutdown the pc.
this time there were no errors in the event viewer, i tested the cpu, it is not a problem.
i think it's an hardware thing then.

Back