Windows 10 Faulty Update that causes getting no updates at all

DelicateFlower

It seems that the entire key and its subkeys of :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv] has been deleted by a recent update somehow. I found a registry file to merg and it worked....HOWEVER, it found 2 updates, one is the security update for .netframe 3 and .NET 4, which is ok, the other, which was somehow deleted from my uninstalled update is faulty. it causes that key and all its subkeys and data to disappear, again but with no way to merge back the data into it or recover from that, so no updates or store forever. I had installed windows 3 times and each time it happened. Link provided to the file to fix the issue (https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/?s=w10-wuauserv) and the file. (unless you did the second update too, in which way you're royally messed up. (both updates were released on 27/Feb/20. I postponed updates for at least a month to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• w10-wuauserv.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 154

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv] has been deleted by a recent update somehow. I found a registry file to merg and it worked....HOWEVER, it found 2 updates, one is the security update for .netframe 3 and .NET 4, which is ok, the other, which was somehow deleted from my uninstalled update is faulty. it causes that key and all its subkeys and data to disappear, again but with no way to merge back the data into it or recover from that, so no updates or store forever. I had installed windows 3 times and each time it happened. Link provided to the file to fix the issue (https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/?s=w10-wuauserv) and the file. (unless you did the second update too, in which way you're royally messed up. (both updates were released on 27/Feb/20. I postponed updates for at least a month to be on the safe side.
Thank you for your rapid response. The other KB has to do with the flash update (I think), I forgot to write it down and it's now missing from my uninstalled updates as well (it was there though). If it happens again I'll make sure the full KB is added.

We’ve put together five solutions below to fix the problem. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down until you find the one that works for you.

1. Run Windows Update troubleshooter

2. Update drivers

3. Restart the Windows Update service manually

4. Update Patches

5. Change DNS server settings

Back