Windows 7 Fingerprint readers and win 7 x64

stevae

i am using win 7 7600 ultimate x64 version. and i have an authentec fingerprint reader, which normally uses digitalpersona software. now, when i used the x64 7229 build, i didn't have a problem with this. but when i decided to fresh load 7600 x64, the digitalpersona software is not compatible all the sudden, AND windows is telling me that it can't read the fingerprint scanner. i have looked all over the web for a solution, but haven't found one. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS??????

It sounds to me like your just going to have to wait until a Windows 7 specific driver is released for your fingerprint reader.. ;) It's odd that it worked fine in build 7229 and isn't in 7600 but if you've tried everything you can think of then waiting for a driver is most likely the proper course of action.. As annoying as that can be... ;)

yeah, that is what i figured, but hoped maybe someone had already found a work around on this. after getting use to just swiping your finger on everything, it's so hard to have to type in passwords again. thanks.

Digital Persona Software

I am waiting for the release of Win 7, have several MS Fingerprint Readers and have preordered several copies of it for my computers and others in the family. Since I am running Vista Ultimate I ordered Win 7n Ultimate 32 bit for my computers. Last night I ran the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor on my laptop and it told me that I would have to uninstall the Digital Persona software before installing the Win 7 upgrade and that the software would not work in win 7. Today I went to the MS hardware website to see if new drivers would be coming out in the future and the website said that the fingerprint readers were being discontinued and would not work with Win 7. Now if I still upgrade to Win 7 not only will I pay a premium price but I'll have 5 fingerprint readers that will be useless. I think it sucks that MS doesn't plan to support fingerprint readers anymore.

Hello!

I was wondering if you can help me - I have Windows 7 x64 and fingerprint sensor installed perfectly normal, I also make one to login with it. But there is a problem. I was hoping that on startup screen I could set up so that I cant log on unless I put in password AND fingerprint. But now if I slide my finger it just goes into windows... Or if I type password it also goes to windows. I was hoping to have both at the same time, like I had on Vista...:confused:

using new digital persona 4.0.1 hp pavilion dv7 found where i had prev. installed digital persona c:/swsetup/sp43883/setup right click run as administator started to work for me.

Enable logon using fingerprint reader in Windows 7 x64

I've managed to get mine working following these instructions:
Enable Logon Using Biometric Fingerprint Reader in Windows 7 x86 & x64

Cheers
-- mike

i am using win 7 7600 ultimate x64 version. and i have an authentec fingerprint reader, which normally uses digitalpersona software. now, when i used the x64 7229 build, i didn't have a problem with this. but when i decided to fresh load 7600 x64, the digitalpersona software is not compatible all the sudden, AND windows is telling me that it can't read the fingerprint scanner. i have looked all over the web for a solution, but haven't found one. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS??????

Back