Windows 7 Firefox 3.6 Beta1

stueycaster

Millennium Celebration Award Winner
Premium Supporter
I'm using the new Firefox 3.6 Beta. Using "Nightly Tester Tools" I was able to override compatability and force installation of my extensions and themes. It is working right so far. It seems like it might be a little faster.

I had to disable the "Windows Presentation Foundation" plugin myself though. That's the one that M$ snuck into Firefox and causes a major security leak.

I'm using the new Firefox 3.6 Beta. Using \"Nightly Tester Tools\" I was able to override compatability and force installation of my extensions and themes. It is working right so far. It seems like it might be a little faster.

I had to disable the \"Windows Presentation Foundation\" plugin myself though. That's the one that M$ snuck into Firefox and causes a major security leak.

how is the ram usage and time for page loading example w7forums home page? My 3.5.3 loads w7forums up less then a sec. Here is a good tester for page loading: Satellite and Radar: Interactive Weather Maps - The Weather Network

I don't think you should go by what my system does. Mine is a dinosaur. It's a 2.2 ghz single core on a 754 pin board. I have 2 gb ram but it's a high cas latency. The Windows Experience Index on mine is 4.1. My computer is probably way slower than yours.

It runs at about 95mb RAM usage and this forum loads in about 2.5 seconds for me. The Google search page loads in .3 or .4 seconds.

Last edited:
I found a problem with the beta. There's a site I go to pretty often that I have to use IE Tab on. I couldn't access that site. I'm back on v3.5.3. I'll try again later.

I ended up having to reinstall v3.5.3 from scratch to get it to work right after uninstalling v3.6. It's not ready yet.

Back