Windows 7 Firefox 3.7 Revamp

Master Chief

Mozilla's popular Firefox browser is on the up and up; with version 3.5 recently released, it's making very good progress, and now, the organization has revealed some concepts for a redesign they plan to be included in version 3.7.

Firstly, we should note that these new designs are purely ideas, and they'll only be re-making the Windows versions, so put your excited faces away, Mac and Linux users. According to the official wiki that we linked above, here are Mozilla's planned new improvements:

1. Embracing Glass: Toolbar and Tabs using Glass. Buttons translucent and slightly glossy to meld with the toolbar. Raised 3D lookachieve tactile \"feel\".

2. Page Button: Connect the Page button to the left side of the tab area. Directly connected to the Page.

3. Tools/Bookmark Bar: Connecting the Tools button to the side of the window to emphasize the fact that it is used for customizing and changing the UI. Adding a button next to that to toggle the Bookmarks bar which is turned off by default.

All this chat is well and good, but we know what you're really here for... the actual screenshots. Without further ado, here they are!

Check 'em out here and Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Notice the Neowin screen looks a lot like Chrome lol. Hopefully when they release this they havent just focused on the UI improvements. Firefox just seems so slow now compared to Chrome.

Here is a downloadable mockup theme of 3.7 you can install now.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
There's a checkbox that you have to click to allow it to install. It's experimental. Then there's an EULA to check too.

Then when you install it you can't use any theme that adds it's own color to the window frame. I use the Kempelton Theme or it works with the default theme.

Firefox Director talks Firefox 3.6

We were eager to know what's happening with Firefox. Mike Beltzner, the open-source browser's director, was glad to tell us. Here's what he had to say about future features, competition with Chrome, and keeping all of Firefox contributors in sync

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Read on>>

As long as I have the option to put the menu bar back on there, it'll be great.
The menu is missing on my screenshot that I posted for the All Glass extension because I also use "Personal Menus"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3895

I save myself a little more room for my window by using this. All the menus are in a little button on the Navigation toolbar.

For the "Chromifox" theme you can also use the "Chromifox Companion"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10339

This adds the Chrome style menu buttons.

Update: It looks like the menu buttons are already there in the new version of Chromifox.

Last edited:
On Win7,,, IE8 is better than FF 3.5.x
On other systems, FF3.5.x is still slower than the 3.0.x versions.

Back