Windows 7 Firefox and Win 7 question

steve6

Hello. When using IE8, no matter how many tabs I have open, each will pop up from the taskbar if I hover over the IE logo.

I just noticed that with Firefox (just updated to 3.55, incidentally), that only the tab I'm currently viewing pops up.

Is this normal?

thanks

steve

Hello everyone!
I didn't want to create new thread so i just add to this one.
So i bought new OCZ Agility 3 120Gb SSD and instalation went fine and i have OS in SSD.
Now i'm using Firefox, no matter which version and fFF started to freeze suddenly...
i tried some tweak options from Link Removed due to 404 Error and they didn't helped me with this problem :S
when i open new tabs from links it usually freeze whole browser no matter how many pages i open.

can you tell me where the problem is?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, Fallen.

I don't know if this will solve your problem but it is worth a try if Firefox is slow to respond or hangs. This can occur if multiple copies of the Firefox Session Restore file have been created:

• Open your profile folder: At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox menu, select Help and select Troubleshooting Information.
  • Under the Application Basics section, click Open Containing Folder which will open your Firefox profile folder.
  • Exit Firefox.
  • Locate and delete the sessionstore.js file and any copies, such as sessionstore-1.js, sessionstore-2.js.
  • Close your profile folder and restart Firefox.

Hello. When using IE8, no matter how many tabs I have open, each will pop up from the taskbar if I hover over the IE logo.

I just noticed that with Firefox (just updated to 3.55, incidentally), that only the tab I'm currently viewing pops up.

Is this normal?

thanks

steve

HI Steve, Sorry but i didn't understand what you want to say? i am using firefox 3.6 and it is fine. When i need to open a new window then it open a new tab with ctrl+T or move among tabs be ctrl+tab.

Here's a suggestion, although I'm not sure how it may alter your browser experience but, still...

Try getting up to date by using IE9 & FF7. IE9 is far better than 8 & the version of FF you are using is quite old.

Cheers,
Drew

Here's a suggestion, although I'm not sure how it may alter your browser experience but, still...

Try getting up to date by using IE9 & FF7. IE9 is far better than 8 & the version of FF you are using is quite old.

Cheers,
Drew

IE9 is ok, but i don't agree with FF7 because it did not support google toolbar. firefox only 2.0 to 4.0 are support the google toolbar.

Dunno what to say since I am not a big fan of toolbars & that definately includes that Google toolbar. I always recommend my clients against them & certainly that one. Generallly they are unnecessary, some are not even desirable & may cus problems or conflicts. Basically what they offer is redundant to other ways of accessing things... & lastly that's too bad since FF7 is a real improvement over its previous (old) versions. Not to mention, personally, I feel IE9 is better than FF, anyway. I have & use several browsers but, IE is usually sufficient.

Also, this may be of some significance...
[h=3]Mozilla has now dropped support for All versions of Firefox except Firefox 7.01 + Firefox 3.6.23!

(If you are currently using Firefox 5.0 or Firefox 6.0, upgrading to Firefox 7.01 is now suggested.)[/h]

Back