Firefox search bar gone?

anotherwindowsuser

Hi,
There used to be a search box where you can input search queries into it to take you straight to a search engine of your choice and produce a set of results hwoever about a year or so ago they removed the search bar and instead made it such that you could use the address bar instead. This is very annoying to me since it often gets me to a website that is like the search term but not an actual set of search results, can we get the old search box back? Thanks in advance.

My firefox is the latest release and updated and has the search bar. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    68.8 KB · Views: 185
Hi,

No, actually you don't have the search bar I am reffering to.

There used to be the bar for typing in an address for a website but also a separate bar to the right of it which was a designated search function. It also let you choose a search engine of your choice.

In my attachment there are 2 search bars. In FF you can still change your search engine and that done in the settings. It's been like this for a very long time....albeit FF tweaks it now and again.

That said, I don't know how far back your version of FF is or talking about.

In my attachment there are 2 search bars. In FF you can still change your search engine and that done in the settings. It's been like this for a very long time....albeit FF tweaks it now and again.

That said, I don't know how far back your version of FF is or talking about.

I have my home page to the news so would like a search bar thats seperate.. Shame they got rid of the feature then.

Yeah....back in the day I liked using the search bar on the FF home page About 10 plus years ago they started migrating to the address bar at the top. I hated that. Now, 10 plus years later.....that's the only way I search....type it in and straight to it.

Good luck, I hope you find something you like.

Hi,
There used to be a search box where you can input search queries into it to take you straight to a search engine of your choice and produce a set of results hwoever about a year or so ago they removed the search bar and instead made it such that you could use the address bar instead. This is very annoying to me since it often gets me to a website that is like the search term but not an actual set of search results, can we get the old search box back? Thanks in advance.

Click the hamburger menu, select "Options", then "Search", then choose "Add search bar in toolbar".

Hi,

Click the hamburger menu, select "Options", then "Search", then choose "Add search bar in toolbar".
Nice one Monk....well done! You lean something new every day in the tech world.

Back