Windows 10 Fixing the will not run updates windows 10 error 0x80248014

NTGOG

Honorable Member
Windows 10 preview will not update due to old version of preview. I had to do a clean install of my preview once I did windows updates quit working I found I had installed an older version that had no updates installed so I installed the upgrade you would use for windows 7 or 8.1 and it worked I have a full version of windows 10 error 0x80248014 is fixed and updates are working fine. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hi there,
Are you asking for help fixing the error code you received, or are you stating that you DID FIX IT, and are attempting to share the solution with the rest of the Forum users? If it's the latter, and your Win7/8.1 was licensed, the Win10 will be Activated without problem. Win10 preview versions did require massive updating, some versions more than others. A Win7/8.1 free upgrade via the Internet is known to take less time, but it depends on lots of factors including the age of your computer.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Here is what I did approx. a year or so ago I installed the preview on a lap top that had windows 8 installed on it I did a double install so it would be a some what clean install I decided to install a SSD in the lap top when I installed the preview disk I registered it and it would not run updates as I searched the forums for the answer I came to the conclusion that the preview I installed from the disk I made did not have any updates the OS had been receiving for the last year so I decided to try to install the full version/upgrade of windows 10 and it worked. Iv believe as in windows 7 upgrade as long as W10 detects an existing operating system it will upgrade as it did to the preview I had installed on a clean SSD drive

Ok, it appears that you had a FIX to this error, and were letting us all know. Good work & thanks!:)

<<<BBJ>>>

Back