Adobe has released a beta version of Flash player 11.
Release notes include the following (thanks to Techconnect):
Native 64bit support (on Windows, Mac OS and Linux), and the Stage3D (Molehill) architecture for hardware accelerated graphics rendering.
- Asynchronous bitmap decoding (for decoding images on initial load instead of on demand for improved app responsiveness)
- H.264/AVC software encoding for cameras
- 7.1 channel surround sound
- G.711 audio compression for telephony
- support for TLS Secure Sockets
- support for the JPEG-XR advanced image compression standard
- Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) and extra content protection features
- secure random number generator
... and more
Additional notes on installation:
Please uninstall any previous versions of Flash Player before installing this prerelease build.
To revert to the shipping version of Flash Player 10, follow the instructions below, then install the Link Removed - Invalid URL. Windows
32-bit: Link Removed due to 404 Error
64-bit: Link Removed due to 404 Error
Go to your download folder.
Find the uninstaller file, double-click it and follow the prompts.