Windows 7 Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

flake

Hi all, I am new to this community and it is good to see an active forum for Windows 7.

I just installed Windows 7 64 bit few days ago and all seems to be working fine. Two days ago I bought a new Acer X233H 23" monitor and use it as dual monitor with my existing Viewsonic VA1912w 19" monitor. I found that my Acer monitor is a bit flickering when I am scrolling down a vertically long page on web browser and (windows) file browser. It happens only to my Acer monitor regardless I set it up as Monitor 1 or Monitor 2. But when I pulled out my Viewsonic and use the Acer as single monitor the flickering symptom gone away.

I use ATI HD2600XT 512MB graphic card and have installed the latest driver for the graphic card and both monitors. And I have also installed ATI Catalyst 9.9.

I am running out of ideas on how to solve this problem. Unfortunately I can't test this dual monitor setup on other operating systems. Any input on what I should check out? What's the issue most likely? I should not be the monitor as it is fine on single monitor setup ... so it could be the compatibility with Windows 7 (64bit in particular)? Is there any known issue on how Windows 7 is handling dual monitor?

Thank you for your help.

Back