Issue with Dual Monitor Setup (No Drag and Drop)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Lewis, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Lewis

Lewis New Member

First post, first problem.

Running a TV as a second screen off my laptop via HDMI connection. Old TV gave in, bought a new standard 22" screen. When connecting to the screen, it automatically assigns it to the right of my PC, however I need it positioned on the left.

I have gone into control panel - display and attempted to "drag and drop" the screen from right to left, however neither of my screens (PC or TV) will move. I remember having this same problem with the last screen and I can't remember how I resolved it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Lewis

2. Lewis

Lewis New Member

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

I think it has to do with your laptop more than the TV. What's the make/model of your laptop? What type of onboard GPU does your laptop have installed?

4. Lewis

Lewis New Member

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15R/5520 with i7-3612QM 2.10Ghz CPU. The onboard GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7670M and it has the current driver installed.

As I said, the last TV I had had the same problem, however I did eventually resolve it and move the screen "virtually" to the left. I have no idea how I did it though. Also before, while connecting to TVs around the house etc, it thought that the screen was on the left per default, now the right.

#4 Lewis, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

By default, any additional monitors added are put/set to the right of the main monitor. Try using your AMD's GPU software, the CCC and see it you can manipulate your monitors that way.

6. Lewis

Lewis New Member

Sorry, I'm quite new to really working with computers. What exactly is that?

7. Lewis

Lewis New Member

CCC worked perfectly, once I figured out what it was

#7 Lewis, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014