Windows 7 Issue with Dual Monitor Setup (No Drag and Drop)

Lewis

First post, first problem.

Running a TV as a second screen off my laptop via HDMI connection. Old TV gave in, bought a new standard 22" screen. When connecting to the screen, it automatically assigns it to the right of my PC, however I need it positioned on the left.

I have gone into control panel - display and attempted to "drag and drop" the screen from right to left, however neither of my screens (PC or TV) will move. I remember having this same problem with the last screen and I can't remember how I resolved it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Lewis

I think it has to do with your laptop more than the TV. What's the make/model of your laptop? What type of onboard GPU does your laptop have installed?

I think it has to do with your laptop more than the TV. What's the make/model of your laptop? What type of onboard GPU does your laptop have installed?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15R/5520 with i7-3612QM 2.10Ghz CPU. The onboard GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7670M and it has the current driver installed.

As I said, the last TV I had had the same problem, however I did eventually resolve it and move the screen "virtually" to the left. I have no idea how I did it though. Also before, while connecting to TVs around the house etc, it thought that the screen was on the left per default, now the right.

Last edited:
By default, any additional monitors added are put/set to the right of the main monitor. Try using your AMD's GPU software, the CCC and see it you can manipulate your monitors that way.

Back