Windows 7 Flips a coin to decided whether or not to connect to printer?

Oliver84

I've loved Windows 7 since the Beta versions and when the RC came out I really had my hopes up. I did a clean install to make sure that there wouldn't be any "bugs" but to my surprise, my updated beta versions were running smoother than my clean install of RC!

The first issue I'd like to address is the network printer. Sometimes it connects to it, sometimes it doesn't. I know it's not a problem with the printer or print server because once I restart, it always works. I've tested it to see if it's that when the comp "wakes" up it just drops it out but that's not the case. I'm not sure what is cause it to drop it but it does.

I'll be connected to it just fine and then after probably a full day's use of the comp, I'll go to print something and my printer is offline. I run the troubleshooter and it says to turn the printer on, but it already is on. Nothing works except when I simply restart the comp, the printer is magically online again? Any thoughts?

bump

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes the printer works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using an old HP 4100 hooked up via ethernet to my router. The other computers on the network continue to use the printer.

I'm running 7 x64 RC on an AMD X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.01 GHz, 8GB ram.

So has anyone found out about a fix for this? It's pretty annoying having to restart the computer every time I need to use the wireless printer. Who else is having this issue?

IT does it in Windows 7 professional over a full 100 cleint based lan ... the print server is fine its windows 7 v hp4100 drivers and the loser is the spooler...its effing annoying which MS would sort this out because its causing me and other users serious headaches

Back