Windows 7 "FN" Key problem in Medion 32 bit

wanthai

Hi

I have made an installaation Win 7 Prof. 32 bit.

When I had it as an upgrade everything worked fine. But after making a "clean" installation are missing some (or rather the most) of my "FN" Keys.
Do any other have experienced same problems on Medion MD96850.
I read the string abouth Sony Vaio, and it is exactly thesame for me, but I can not download the same files/drivers fra Medions help and support site, so I can not imdately use that solution.
Hope some can help me.

tage

It isn't a driver issue - customisation of the function keys for a specific manufacturer's device will be achieved by utility software produced by the manufacturer. If not available as a download online I would email them and ask if it can be made available.

Thank You for your help. Yes that was an applications utillity. I just installed the Cinema pack from the TOOLS, and then it accepted the Fn functions.:confused:

hello, I've got same problem, would it be possible for you to email me this utility as well? I've been looking for it for some time and no success...

The function keys are enabled using a series of programs that go under the heading Launch Manager. You'll find this on the Medion site in the same place as the chipset drivers. To make sure you get the right set, you need to enter the MSN number on the bottom of your machine. The confusing point is that Medion don't have a specifically Windows 7 version of this utility and the description makes it sound like a Vista driver. Once you've downloaded and unzipped it all, run the Set-up program and your function keys will reappear. If it doesn't work first time, try running it again. There's some problem with the necessary keys coming unstuck from the Windows registry. I've put a link to the set-up program on the desktop so I can run it every time the function keys give up.

Back
Top Bottom