Windows 8 Folder view keeps resetting back.

Legna

Hey guys! I really need your help. My PC decided to reset itself today and when it did that, it screwed something up. So now, every time I change the Folder View to Tile (for example) and close & reopen the folder, everything reverts back to Details View. Everything that I changed in that folder reverts back to default and this happens in all folders. It's quite frustrating.

I know about right-clicking a folder and going to Customize. That method can't set it to Tile View. What I need is to figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

Hi,
if you follow my screenshots you'll see how you can change it so all folders will use the view you changed to:
file view 1.jpg

file view 2.jpg

Even doing this though i find that I still come across the odd section which hasn't changed to the selected view but Windows has been like that for several versions now and you may find you have to use the folder options 'apply to (all) folders' a couple of times if need be.

Hi,
if you follow my screenshots you'll see how you can change it so all folders will use the view you changed to:
View attachment 30035

View attachment 30036

Even doing this though i find that I still come across the odd section which hasn't changed to the selected view but Windows has been like that for several versions now and you may find you have to use the folder options 'apply to (all) folders' a couple of times if need be.
It works! Thanks! You're a life saver, kemical!

Back
Top Bottom