Windows 7 For A Laugh!!!

Definitely good for a laugh.. ;) Some people.. Instead of learning how to actually use their computers before opening their mouths they just sit back and repeat what someone else told them without even giving the OS a chance.. ;) And then there are those who just don't have a clue.. or won't bother to upgrade their decade old rigs... :)

Let's face it, XP was good in it's day especially after the 2nd service pack but these 'luddites' (google it) will eventually having come screaming into the 21st century and realise that the world has simply moved on...

Tell that to the die hard Win98/ME users that actually still exist.

...and use that OS because there is no current OS that will run some of the best functioning software that has ever been offered! (And include Windows 2000 in this group of OSs.) I have to maintain a Windows 2000 computer because no current OS supports my Mustek 600 III EP flatbed scanner or my ProImage Plus graphics software.

Another point illustrated here is that Windows 2000 is, even as recently as last week, still being supported by Microsoft with security updates. This gives an indication of how many more years XP will remain a servicable and usable operating system. Realize that 2000 was a "business only" OS and only had a limited number of users and was only "current" for two or three years while XP has been the premier OS for both home and business for 8 years or so. Microsoft has promised to support XP 'til mid 2014, and just as 2000 support has been extended a time or two, I expect XP support to be extended a time or two also. (XP ain't nowhere near dead! Shucks, it ain't even sick yet!) :)

Reminds me of one of my mates stuck in a timewarp when he started buying BBC_B computer hardware off ebay for funny money rather than get a emulator, and spent months and months playing on games that would make sky's built in games look cutting edge, it's not like BBC was EVER a good gaming computer it utterly SUCKED...don't mention ELITE ok...was better on the spectrum 48k and C64.

...and use that OS because there is no current OS that will run some of the best functioning software that has ever been offered! (And include Windows 2000 in this group of OSs.) I have to maintain a Windows 2000 computer because no current OS supports my Mustek 600 III EP flatbed scanner or my ProImage Plus graphics software.

Another point illustrated here is that Windows 2000 is, even as recently as last week, still being supported by Microsoft with security updates. This gives an indication of how many more years XP will remain a servicable and usable operating system. Realize that 2000 was a "business only" OS and only had a limited number of users and was only "current" for two or three years while XP has been the premier OS for both home and business for 8 years or so. Microsoft has promised to support XP 'til mid 2014, and just as 2000 support has been extended a time or two, I expect XP support to be extended a time or two also. (XP ain't nowhere near dead! Shucks, it ain't even sick yet!) :)

What's that whimpering I hear from the XP GONKS??? no DX11 support on XP.....they won't get our lovely tessalation support BOO F**k**g HOO... :D they will still be using it when we are all playing on 64core 128bit cpu driven monsters with matrix grade graphics and won't relent on the premise that for all the extra looks and speed it still plays solitare and mindfield as well.....D**kh**ds!:rolleyes:

Very laudable support of Windows 2000 and Windows Xp . Vista somehow escaped the praise :D

Sorry that was for John3347 posts got sent and mixed messages ensued !

I do like that : 99.9% of all computer faults start with a human operator trying to do something it wasn't designed to do :cool:

Guess that is why I never have problems with my computer ;)

Never try cracking walnuts with your computer . Bound to turn out bad . Nuts all over the place . Very messy :D

Sorry it was the For a Laugh part . Like a moth to the flame I was drawn in :D

"Very laudable support of Windows 2000 and Windows Xp . Vista somehow escaped the praise :D"

Not only did Vista escape praise, Vista also escaped even a mention. It is, on my Vista computer, not worthy of mention, and CERTAINLY not praise!

"Very laudable support of Windows 2000 and Windows Xp . Vista somehow escaped the praise :D"

Not only did Vista escape praise, Vista also escaped even a mention. It is, on my Vista computer, not worthy of mention, and CERTAINLY not praise!

Ouch ! Good reply :D

Time to escape back too the Water Cooler . Guess my lungs are not suited to the atmosphere :rolleyes:

Looks like they are treating Vista like that slightly queer Uncle that every family never talks about....lmao

I was told something very similar by a Dell technician... that he uses Windows 98 SE for compatibility for his inkjet printer and his flatbed scanner which are super high quality and there are no drivers after 98... This being the case, one would have to imagine that the company was a great manufacturer of hardware, but refused to support their hardware with updated certified drivers, which in my view is pretty lame considering we are going on what... 11 years down the line?

(Let us not forget virtualization is practically free now so there is no reason to run an ancient Pentium 2 to keep your old stuff going.)

I thought DOS was great!..............................Anyone else remember it or when a modem had to clip on to the earpiece of a telephone. Them was the days! LOL

"This being the case, one would have to imagine that the company was a great manufacturer of hardware, but refused to support their hardware with updated certified drivers, which in my view is pretty lame considering we are going on what... 11 years down the line?"

This situation with hardware is similar to the American Motors situation. Chrysler Corp. bought American Motors several years ago, but have you gone to a Chrysler dealer lately to buy a part for a '69 Rambler American, or an '80 something Matador? "They aren't supported any longer". Mustek, for instance, has been bought up by - - I forget at the moment who it was - - and that company published a complicated and troublesome workaround to make the scanner "kinda" function with windows XP, but it was a half hearted effort that really did not work. The graphics program that I have issues with originally came from GB and only handles 8 character file names, but it is intuitive and handles all the tasks that a non-professional "family photo photographer" needs. The entire program fits on a 1.44 MB 3.5" floppy. Got no idea what happened to the company.

(Little editorializing here now.) Developers today are so "off in space" that they do not understand how the typical home computer user uses their computer. This makes otherwise possible replacements for really early software impractical for the casual user.

I dont think its a case of they can't fix the issue and more a case of making it so long before they do they hope you will spend money on their newer models.

Back