Windows 7 Forcing a reboot after BSOD

hello, i have an issue which causes a bsod. I have tried to fix the issue but am unable. However, the computer runs fine for awhile, before crashing, hence now i am looking to maximise uptime. My question is, how do i force the computer to restart after every BSOD?

i have enabled automatic restart in startup and recovery, and followed the instructions here
However, the computer will just stop at the bsod screen and not restart.

thank you for your help

here you go.

the crash occurs on a virtual machine. host machine is fine

also, i am interested to know how to force the machine to auto reboot for max uptime after bsod even when automatic restart in startup and recovery is checked

Attachments

• W7F_31-01-2014.zip
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,410
Hmm... reading dmp files on virtual machines is beyond my capabilities I'm afraid and appears to be a specialized job. If anyone could point you in the right direction then these guy's could:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/forum.php?s=b4c98195d62afdd4f60ad8b311afc002

Usually bsod's are caused by drivers. Update whatever it is your using whether it be Bios, firmware or driver make sure it's the latest version and usually you can't go far wrong.

This is also why even after making the correct changes to the settings your system isn't rebooting after a bsod because it's using a virtual machine. That is what is crashing not your actual machine.

Back