Windows 7 Format HP pavilion notebook

Propmach

Banned
My new notebook has a number of partitions with windows 7 on one.
I would like to do a complete format and then install windows 7 on about a 20 gig partition.
Can anyone tell me how to go about this please as I can't find out how to do the format.
Thanks
Henry

Hi Henry,
Windows 7 really works best with a minimum partition of 40Gigs. I'm not saying that it won't install into smaller partitions but for optimum use......
To either remove partitions or create new ones you could use 'Disk Management', found by opening the control panel, clicking on admin' Tools, Computer management, Storage and finally Disk management. check the screenshot so you know which page to look for:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Once you've sorted your partitions, reboot into your bios and change the boot order to CD/DVD first and then boot from the 7 disk. You'll then be able to use the set up process the reformat the partition your going to use.

I forgot to mention that to change your partitions by either removing/adding them or changing size then right click the HDD/partition in question.

Last edited:
My new notebook has a number of partitions with windows 7 on one.
I would like to do a complete format and then install windows 7 on about a 20 gig partition.
Can anyone tell me how to go about this please as I can't find out how to do the format.
Thanks
Henry
? would be do you have a Dvd for Win 7, if so you can use that to format / delete any partition including linux

Since your machine is an OEM I would write down the key(magical jelly bean) and capture 2 token files you can boot into safe mode afterward and restore them to restore your oem activation. Much less hassle and your always activated

This tool will get the key and backup/restore your activation files. Save them to usb drive or something
Link Removed - Not Found

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom