Windows 10 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Beta) released

brkkab

Excellent Member
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Beta) is inow available in the Store for Windows 10. I just played it on my old pc w/ FX 8350, 16GBs ram and 2 GeForce 760 2.0GBs in sli and it worked fine.
Store page say's 4.0GB video card and it doesn't support sli or crossfire yet. It uses one video card.
I lowered the video from default high to medium and it was fine on my pc.

I tried this game and for a beta it's pretty good. I could crank the visuals up to 'Ultra' which I imagine is DX12? Anyway looked very nice indeed. I may even get this title once it hits the bargain bin, I quite like the odd driving game and this fits the bill perfectly.

It also say's in the sys requirements:
The minimum requirements to run the beta includes the following:

• Windows 10 64-bit version 1511
  • Intel Core i3 4170 Processor at 3.7 GHZ
  • NVIDIA GeoForce GT 740 Radeon R7 250X GPU
  • 30 GB free HDD Space
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 2 GB VRAM
  • Direct X12
  • Xbox One Controller

I played using the keyboard and although a controller of some sort would have perhaps been better I still could play the game no problem.

Last edited:
It seems good to me. I set it at medium for graphics, because they're recommended settings called for a GTX 970 4.0GB video card. I currently have 2 GTX 760's 2.0GB. Game supposedly only uses on card and doesn't support sli ot crossfire, yet.
Other than that I've only noticed one bug. After quitting the game, it messes up how Windows 10's start menu looks. A restart fixes that.
I'm gonna go with the high settings when I put my 2 R9 380X 4.0GB in the new pc.
I still need to do the rewiring. I couldn't fall asleep until 7:30 A.M. amd just got up about 30 minutes ago. That shouldn't take more than 1-1 1/2 hours to do. Then once that part is done, I need to take the 2 GTX 760's out of this one & put them in. Before I do that one I'm gonna eat something first.

It received a 238mb. update in the Windows Store today. Probably more video settings per Tuesday's Windows 10 update.

I still haven't played it since the latest update. I know one thing though.. DX12 is extremely pretty. Everything is so precise and man photo quality games really are not that far away.

I'm still waiting for sports & racing type games to look lifelike. The technologies been their since the late 90's, but the game developer's haven't seemed interested in doing it. Personally, what I've notice and don't like is a lot of the newer games use too much black & white, instead of color.
I'm all for lifelike, non-cartoonish looks. I got out of cartoon's 40 years ago, when I was 8.

One thing in DX 12 I'm really interested in, is I heard awhile back if you have a sli or crossfire setup, DX 12 will be able to utilize all the video card's memory, not just one card's memory.
I've heard with the 2 Sapphire R9 380X's I'm getting for my new pc, that most games can be have their video settings maxed out. Only a few of the newer games don't work with everything maxed out.
I wish I still had Crysis and that it worked on 64bit Windows. I'd love to see it maxed out.

On tv it's ok, but not in games looks.
Most of the old cartoons I watched are long gone or they changed them too much.
No Flintstones, Woody Woodpecker, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Super Man, Batman, Speed Racer, Popeye, etc.
Batman all of a sudden has Knight Wing, instead of Robin.
IE/Edge got a update for Flash Player and Nvidia released 365.19 drivers today.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
Ever watch something you watched when you were a kid and try to figure out how you ever watched it or liked it back then?

Oh sure... There used to be a show on UK TV called UFO which was made early 70's I think.. Lemme look youtube.. Hehe here you go.. I even had one of the fighters shown near the end which fired a missile:

Anyway years later (before the internet) we (my friends and I ) were thinking back to this amazing TV show in the 70's, we'd even have repeated conversations about great it was etc. That was until I finally got to see an episode due to a rerun.. OMG it was awful.. Now some things which are old and awful can be really cool. This was just simply awful..

I still can't believe I had a crush on Kate Jackson when I was 2 & 3.She was on a show called The Rookies back then. I will say the 70's & 80's were the time for tv, much more so than now. Back then every network had good shows. Now, there's actually a hard time finding something that's worth watching. 9 times out of 10 if you do, it's a old rerun of something.
Now, it's too much reality bullshit. If I want reality, I'll walk outside. I don't need to watch Survivor or anything else for it.

Tis true I hardly ever just sit and watch TV. I'd rather be on the pc as I can pick and choose what I want to view. I think that ultimately this is the future for TV, less scheduling and more variety to choose from.

Yeah my pc and tv are about 5 feet from each other. I basically listen to it, while I'm doing things on the pc. If I hear something that interests me, I pay attention to it. Glad I have the dvr with the cable box. If it's a show I like I record it and watch later. Problem is, I'm still using my pc then, too.
I will say this about Microsoft, they majorly screwed one thing up in 10. They killed Windows Media Center and give us Movies & TV as it's replacement. They failed to add support to it for tv tuners, so you can't watch or record tv in it. They think everyones gonna rent/buy from them, what we already pay our cable or satellite tv provider for. Not me, I'm not gonna pay a second time for the same thing.
I'm hoping that CyberLink listened to my suggestion and add tv watching/recording capabilities to the next version of their MediaSuite Ultra & Ultimate.
Microsoft really doesn't listen to the feedback from 10's feedback app.

Here's a few screenshots of Forza DX12 running on Ultra:

dx12 forza.jpg

forza.jpg

forza dx12.jpg

Damn it just looks so real...

Look's terrific. Granted I'm sure it looks better than what I'm seeing now, as it's through 2 GTX 760's on my end.I'm sure it's fantastic on the R9 380, R9 380X, R9 390. R9 Fury, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980ti, GTX Titan, GTX 1070 and GTX 1080's.
Definitely how I prefer games to look. Lifelike not cartoonish looking. At least on sports & automobile games.

Back