Windows 7 free AV/spyware software for windows 7?

bdee1

anybody know of some decent and free AntiVirus and spyware software for windows 7? i know they had the 3 recommended ones but the page they send you to wants you to buy them.

i actually own webroot spysweeper but that doesn't seem to workwell with windows 7 yet.

Well I'm currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and so far haven't experienced any problems. However unfortunately it costs money.

If you are looking for free alternatives may I recommend :

Spybot Search & Destroy The home of Spybot-S&D!

Spybot is an excellent free Antispyware program

If you want even extra protection I also recommend Malwarebytes Malwarebytes.org

I use both as well as Kaspersky and everything seems to be working like a charms !

O and for the icing on the cake I use Winpatrol as well.

Take care and good luck on your Windows 7 experience !

It's a great OS, Microsoft did a remarkable job and so far I'm overly impressed despite some minor glitched and bugs here and there, however it's BETA so what do you expect, eh ? :D

Best

Jordan

oh yea i forgot about spybot... i will give that a try. but i still gotta find some AV software... i always thought AVG was free but if i remember correctly - the page that windows pointed me to wanted like $5 for it.

oh yea i forgot about spybot... i will give that a try. but i still gotta find some AV software... i always thought AVG was free but if i remember correctly - the page that windows pointed me to wanted like $5 for it.
Read my post in software not working.
Kaspersky has a free av/firwall especially for windows 7.
The link is in my post.

Read my post in software not working.
Kaspersky has a free av/firwall especially for windows 7.
The link is in my post.

hey thanks for the reply... but sorry i am brand new to these forums... where is "software not working"??

hey sorry - maybe i'm dumb but i only see one post from you in that thread and it doesn't mention AV. sorry - woudl you mind posting a link to the post you're talking about?

hey sorry - maybe i'm dumb but i only see one post from you in that thread and it doesn't mention AV. sorry - woudl you mind posting a link to the post you're talking about?
here:-ftp://downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com/beta/kavwks8.0_for_windows7/

Yeah, but it is in BETA as well. I would be reluctant to install beta software on a beta OS. Not only for stabilities sake, but it would make it impossible to troubleshoot problems.

antivirus

anybody know of some decent and free AntiVirus and spyware software for windows 7? i know they had the 3 recommended ones but the page they send you to wants you to buy them.

i actually own webroot spysweeper but that doesn't seem to workwell with windows 7 yet.
Hi,
Downloaded and installed Avast antivirus (freebie) last night, running well so far and updating automatically, just google for it .:D

AVG Free Antivirus works very well with both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the Windows 7 Beta and is of course free.. I'd suggest using that one. ;)

free.avg.com is the site to get you right to the free download. It takes you to download.com but you can get it there. I am using AVG Free on my Windows 7 Beta 7000 X64 and it works perfectly.

Back