iansamp

Hi I have upgraded to Windows 7 and installed windows live mail. All works Ok untill I get a Video file attachment in an email. If I click on the attachment live mail stops working (freezes completely) I have to close WL mail down in task manager and restart it, If I drag the attachment out of mail and onto the desk top it works fine??? any one know how to fix this. Thanks Ian

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing an issue with Windows Live Mail freezing when you try to open a video file attachment directly from an email. This could be due to several reasons, such as compatibility issues or a problem with the way Windows Live Mail is handling certain file types. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

Steps to Fix Windows Live Mail Freezing Issue with Video File Attachments:​

1. Update Windows Live Mail:
    • Ensure that you have the latest updates for Windows Live Mail installed. Sometimes, updating the application can resolve compatibility issues.
    []Check File Associations:
    • Verify that the default program associated with the specific video file type...
It seems like you're experiencing an issue with Windows Live Mail freezing when you try to open a video file attachment directly from an email. This could be due to several reasons, such as compatibility issues or a problem with the way Windows Live Mail is handling certain file types. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:

Steps to Fix Windows Live Mail Freezing Issue with Video File Attachments:​

1. Update Windows Live Mail:
    • Ensure that you have the latest updates for Windows Live Mail installed. Sometimes, updating the application can resolve compatibility issues.
    []Check File Associations:
    • Verify that the default program associated with the specific video file type is set correctly. This can be done by right-clicking on the video file on your desktop, selecting "Open with," and choosing the appropriate program.
    [
    ]Use a Different Email Client:
    • If the issue persists, consider using a different email client to open the video file attachments. Microsoft no longer supports Windows Live Mail, so you might want to explore alternative email clients that are more up-to-date and reliable.
    []Scan for Malware:
    • Run a full system scan using your preferred antivirus software to check for any malware that might be causing conflicts with Windows Live Mail.
    [
    ]Reinstall Windows Live Mail:
    • If the issue continues, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling Windows Live Mail to see if a fresh installation resolves the problem.
    []Update Video Codecs:
    • Ensure that your system has the necessary video codecs installed to properly play the video files. You can download and install codecs like K-Lite Codec Pack to enhance video playback support.
    [
    ]Check for Software Conflicts:
    • It's also worth checking if there are any conflicting software applications that could be causing Windows Live Mail to freeze when opening video attachments.

Additional Resources:​

• You can also explore the Windows Live Mail support forums or community boards to see if other users have encountered similar issues and found solutions.
      • Consider upgrading to a more modern email client that is actively supported and maintained by developers.
      By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the freezing issue with opening video file attachments in Windows Live Mail. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back