Windows 10 Frequent BSODs on new(ish) computer

Ludovicius

Hi,

I hope that somebody here can help me isolate the cause of BSODs I am getting on a computer. The PC is in its original state, without any changes or anything. I have attached the log files and dump report to this post.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• W7F_06-02-2017.rar
    942.9 KB · Views: 220
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck EF, {ffff8b808f4bb800, 0, 0, 0}

ETW minidump data unavailable
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Followup:     memory_corruption
---------
Hi,
all your dump files are the same and the above bugcheck means a critical process/system service died. As to what actually caused the process to die isn't recorded although corruption is mentioned:
Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION
Run these scans to try and repair the corruption:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If that doesn't seem to help please remove Avast AV and just use Defender for now (you can re-install it later) Avast is known on occasion to cause the odd issue..

Did you install anything new (update, app and hardware) or did the machine crash regardless?

Graphic drivers can get corrupted too. Please use the DDU to remove your current driver as this will also remove anything left behind by previous installs. (The DDU has to used in safe mode for best results)

Your system page is here:
Medion PC Sobremesa - Medion Akoya P4122 D, AMD A8-7600, 16GB RAM, 2TB

Post any new blue screens.

Hi Kemical,

Thank you for your fast reply! I will run sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth later today when I have access to the machine.

The computer has been misbehaving right from the start, I think the first blue screen occurred on day 1 or day 2. After the first few blue screens I 've ran Windows update to get to the latest version in the hope this would help, but unfortunately no joy.

As far as I can remember, the following programs have been installed:
  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Avast!
  • WinRAR

Also, we enabled a RemoteApp connection.

Other than that, nothing that I can think of.

Thanks again for your help, I will get back to you when I tried the things you've mentioned! :)

Thanks for the update. Hope the testing goes well.. :)

sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth both turned up with no issues found/fixed.

I will remove Avast this afternoon (using the Avast cleaner tool in safe mode).

Would you advise using DDU as well at this point or would it be better to wait and see if removing Avast has any results?

Again thank you for your time and effort! :)

UPDATE: Removed Avast.

Last edited:
Back