Windows 7 Frequent Disk Consistency Check

zycheng

Hello, I have a HP G60 418CA laptop. The laptop came with Vista Premium, but I upgraded it to Windows 7 professional. After I upgraded it, I noticed that every three four days, when starting the computer, it runs Disk Consistency Check. I am sure I didn't restart the computer improperly. And I also tried checking the disk manually, I checked both automatically fix file system errors and scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors, and it returned saying no errors found. So I am wondering why there is the frequent disk check. The drive is ST9320325AS ATA DEVICE.

Have you looked into the Event Viewer to see if any messages are showing up, either warning or error, that might indicate where the problem is?

Could this be some type of scheduled scan and not actually related to a problem?

Last edited:
There are some errors in terms of incompatible drivers, and warnings when I disconnect the internet, but I don't see anything that relate to the disk check.

Back