Windows 7 From Win VISTA to WIN 7

Alla Balla

I had it installed on my pc Win Vista Business (32-bit) with valid product key.
Yesterday I did download the ISO (X17-24296.iso) win 7 (32 bit), I did update.
Now Win 7 tells me that the product key is not valid. I retyped the code many times, but always with the same error message.
Can someone help me please?

P.S. I tried with
slmgr.vbs-ipk + product key
slmgr.vbs-ato

but nothing to do

When you upgrade from Vista to Win 7, you need to use a valid Windows 7 product key.
If you used the Vista key, it would not work. That is probably why you were told the key is not valid.
Is that what you did ?

Last edited:
When you upgrade from Vista to Win 7, you need to use a valid Windows 7 product key.
If you used the Vista key, it would not work. That is probably why you were told the key is not valid.
Is that what you did ?

More then likely, personally this is my biggest gripe with windows as new version of windows needs new product key and that product key costs.
You dont get that kind of crap with OSX or linux

More then likely, personally this is my biggest gripe with windows as new version of windows needs new product key and that product key costs.
You dont get that kind of crap with OSX or linux
It's not actually the product key that costs, but it's the usual issue with licences: the right to use the program costs - you never own a Windows, you only have the bought right to use it. If you truly owned it, you would have the rights to modify it, a case, as we know, is non-existent.

It's not actually the product key that costs, but it's the usual issue with licences: the right to use the program costs - you never own a Windows, you only have the bought right to use it. If you truly owned it, you would have the rights to modify it, a case, as we know, is non-existent.

Thus why you see I dont normally use windows, as even though I legally spent a crapton of money on it I dont own it.
This idea of ownership by Microsoft should have landed them in jail eons ago.

Business is free. No one nowhere was ever forced to buy a Windows.

The problem is not what I have heard or not heard. The true problem is the whole concept of IT, i.e. the line of thought in mankind's ways. Quarrel and fight is a part of human nature, unfortunately.

Windows 95 blew the skies, introducing computers in homes. Suddenly, everyone had to have it = a computer, and nowadays we cannot live without them. Different from traditional technology, IT lives on constant / even daily renewal - you can still drive a tractor from 1930's, but you can't really, safely, run a computer from 2005. Even a car from 2005 may be obsolete, since you can't get parts for its... electronics - not exact, this one.

We have a saying in Finland, Anna pikkusormi pirulle niin se vie koko käden = Give your little finger to the devil, and he'll take the whole hand. It's just about was has happened. Together with the concept of IT I mentioned, we have another concept: hype, very unhealthy. Everyone has to jump, whatever the jump is for...

I strongly disagree with Microsoft's license policy and, to mention, I have no financial or other connections with them. What I believe in, is freedom, and that includes the freedom to either buy or not buy. To repeat myself from several statements, How is it no one has produced a real competitor? Better products always win, in the end. Just do it!

But can you do it free of charge? I just bought some Viking stuff, to sell it. I need to get more than I paid.

Courteously.

Well someone has produced a real competitor to Microsoft, its called Android.
Unless you mean desktop Microsoft doesnt do so hot in other areas like servers or now mobile.
Sure Microsoft has desktop dominance but that due to apple being overpriced or Linux not being owned by a single company.

I'm not a defender of Microsoft or Windows. And, I claim no expertise. But we do act in a Windows support forum, don't we?

Since this debate gives nothing to OP, I consider it closed. I wish You the very best.

Well who was arguing?
I was just stating some opinions and some gripes based on the subject.
But yeah we could take the debate elsewhere.

Back