Windows 7 front panel audio ports

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I have front panel mic/headphone ports. Also on my AC powered Altec Lansing speakers there is a headphone port. If I plug in my headphones into speaker port it mutes speaker and sound comes through headphones which is correct. When I plug in headphones into front paned ports of my case I get sound through my headphones as well as my external speakers. I've checked in my settings on my VIA HD Audio sound control panel and can't find anything or I'm missing it. Or is there something in the bios that I missed. It's no big deal just annoying that it's not working properly.

Do you have Headphone Configuration Panel in VIA, are there any modes like Independent Headphone and Redirected Headphone?

Do you have Headphone Configuration Panel in VIA, are there any modes like Independent Headphone and Redirected Headphone?

Yes, and all is configured correctly...I think.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

It just seems strange to me that speaker port mutes when plugged in and not on front panel.

It does look strange to me too, since you have the option on - When Plug in Headphone, Mute Speaker.

Make sure you plug the headphones jack fully in.

I guess I'll just plug in headphones into external speaker port. Now I wonder will I still be able use the front panel ports with my web came and head set w/mic.

I guess I'll just plug in headphones into external speaker port. Now I wonder will I still be able use the front panel ports with my web came and head set w/mic.

OK, I just did a check of head set w/mic using my webcam. I am able to use from panel ports and headset w/mic and it works. Problem; I have sound coming out of external speakers as well. So I guess if I want to use headset w/mic with any software and not have volume come from external speakers, that I am going to have to turn it off the external speakers.....a minor inconvenience for now. Although very puzzling.

Back