Front Panel Not detecting Earphone's Mic

fahadkhan2000

Hi,

I am using a headphone which works perfectly with my phone as well as my laptop. But when I am connecting it to my windows PC, it just doesn't detect it's the mic, whereas, the earpiece works perfectly.

I tried a few other headphones, all seem to have the same problem when connecting to this PC. Can you help me out how do I fix it?

Things I own:

PC: HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC

Audio: SRS Premium Sound (RealTek)

Possibly the PC requires a separate place to plug in for a mic. If going into the normal speaker input that I believe does not connect to the mic input.
I think there is a splitter that separates the earphone and the mic so that you would plug the two into the separate inputs.
Check on Newegg for this splitter or whatever is your favorite PC supplier.

If it works form the rear connections then most likely a hardware issue, have you opened up the case and made sure there is not an problem with the cable running from the front panel to the motherboard. Drivers up to date? Any BIOS settings?
Tried running a Linux distro off a CD or usb key?
If none of these help all you can do is replace parts or the PC, Newegg has many of these off lease at really good prices.

Did these issues start occurring after a Windows update? Have you already tried enabling access for your mic via Settings > Privacy > Microphone > "Change" > "Allow apps to access your microphone"

You can also check sound settings here to check volume: Settings > System > Sound

Back
Top Bottom