Windows 10 game lags after few months of smooth run

roskee

hi, i have a 8GB ram 1TB hard disk hp pc with graphics memory of 512mb. i have been using my pc for gaming and it worked well on almost all games i have tried. but recently most of the games started to lag and some of them even have a cutting frames. even the game with the lowest quality and size (40 mb to be precise) has that cutting frame thing. when i say cutting frame i mean the whole screen doesn't behave the same some part of it will be okay and the remaining part flashes white light rapidly. but i am sure my screen is good because i have no problem with any of my applications i use.

is it only games or the system is slowing down?

Screenshot (889).png

guys, i upgraded my windowd from 1709 to 1803 after this post and now even pes 2017 is lagging
the game was cry 3.
CPU core i5 4 generation 2.6 GHZ
Ram 8gb
Hp pro book 640 G1

Download your new gpu driver or use the same one again. ( Just so you have the driver ready to install when needed)

Download the DDU:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.8.6 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

Unzip the DDU to your folder of choice and then boot into safe mode:
How to Boot Into Safe Mode on Windows 10 or 8 (The Easy Way)

Once in safe mode, right click the DDU icon and run as administrator.

After the DDU opens you want the top option: Clean and restart.

Once your back in windows install your new or existing driver.

If your machine keeps installing a driver from Windows update before you have time to install the version you downloaded then disconnect from the net until the driver is updated the way you want and not Microsoft's way.

Post back with any questions or problems.
i did what you said and i reinstalled the driver from hp website for my model. there was an improvement in the speed but the screen keeps tearing when i opened the games. could it be the newer version of the driver that is causing the tearing? i remember updating the driver about two months ago.

may be i need to try reinstalling windows the tearing is still there............

In order to configure the Always On or Application Setting options, follow these steps:
  1. Press Ctrl + Alt + F12 to open the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel.
  2. Click 3D.
  3. Select the check box for Custom Settings.
  4. Click the drop-down arrow under Vertical Sync, then select either Application Settings or On.

I found out that the problem was caused because i updated my graphics card a month ago.I found an earlier version of my driver and found it to be better. the screen tearing stopped and there was an improvement. but far cry 3 still lags when i set MSAA on. i am sure this is not caused by the limitation of my graphics memory because i have played far cry many times before and there wasn't any type of lag. is there any way that i can get all versions of the driver so i can test each of them.

That's for Nvidia. So useless for this situation.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, in some condition, this article is use the NVIDIA drivers as the example, but the reasons and some explains, some solutions are related to the game stuttering, so I think it can be a reference.

Back
Top Bottom