Windows 7 GE Force GT 220 "3D Vision Folder Empty after Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synoptic12

I have recently updated my GE Force GT 220 drivers to 310.90 from 306.23. Now, the Nvidia Corporation Folder (3D Vision Folder) is empty. This is the first instance of having an empty folder upon any update from Nvidia. Can I delete this "empty" folder, or should I leave it for further updates?
My second question would entail the 'black' screen. Upon boot-up, the screen remains black for 10-15 seconds before the desktop appears. Numerous people have encountered this issue. Can anyone elaborate on this particular issue?
Thank you. Any, and all replies are welcome.

* Every time I create a 'topic', there is never anyone whom can answer anything. I'm not the only one. I see many started threads with hundreds of views, but no responses.

I can not advise you with your issue correctly as I use AMD cards. That being said, I would just leave the folder as it may pertain to future updates as you suspect it does. As for the black screen at start up, that could be any number of things. What is the monitors response time in milliseconds (5ms). Older monitors have upwards of a 30ms time but most newer ones are 5ms or less. Have you gone through the monitors menu settings for refreshing it? Where you having the issue with the black screen before the gpu driver update? How did you install the update? Does your GPU support 3d?

I can not advise you with your issue correctly as I use AMD cards. That being said, I would just leave the folder as it may pertain to future updates as you suspect it does. As for the black screen at start up, that could be any number of things. What is the monitors response time in milliseconds (5ms). Older monitors have upwards of a 30ms time but most newer ones are 5ms or less. Have you gone through the monitors menu settings for refreshing it? Where you having the issue with the black screen before the gpu driver update? How did you install the update? Does your GPU support 3d?

I currently have a HP w233h8 (23" monitor), and very capable of a 5 ms response time. I have never heard of "refreshing" a monitor. I believe that every update from the original driver, instituted the black screen. The updates were just installed, 'not uninstalled'. There is no need to uninstall, and to re-install. The only exception to that would be "if you rolled back the drivers"; this is fact. GPU definitely supports 3d. To you.

"Postscript"- I have a maximum 60Hz refresh rate, nothing more.

What about scaling....are you using the monitor for scaling or your GPU.

What about scaling....are you using the monitor for scaling or your GPU.

No one has addressed the issue as originally stated. We are merely receiving additional 'meaningless' information. Thank you. please do not offer any more irrelevant answers.

It really doesn't matter if there's an empty folder.

Why is there an empty folder?
Simple.

When you download the drivers from NVIDIA it comes with preset folders and files to install - if your card doesn't support, say, 3D VISION (which the GT220 doesn't), it will create the folder but it won't proceed to install the 3D Vision files/executables etc.

Also, do us a favor, and never post on these forums again.

1) We have a small community, and an even smaller group of staff. If you think we all have the time to go through every forum and read every thread - go kill yourself. We have lives too, we have families too, we have things we want to do as well. We're not a lifeless form that lives simply to serve you and your problems. If you have a problem, by all means, ask us, and we'll very likely give a reply. But what if we don't know how to fix it? What if we're too busy to fix it, and just went on to the forums to look at other threads? Did you think about that?

2)
Thank you. Any, and all replies are welcome.
All replies are welcome? And then you tell your only helper, in no hidden way, to "<expletive> off" because he's replying with "meaningless" information - he's trying to help you (and I aplogise if it's actually a "she") in the best way he can. If you treat all people who help you like that...
God help you.

@ General Hining II
We truly feel sorry for you, as for the antagonistic position you have taken. In all reality, it appears that you may have some issues with your personality. To believe that you are of a higher standard than any other, makes you an illusion to yourself. You delve upon illusions of grandeur, and delve upon the sublime. May Yahweh bless you.
אלוהים מגיע כאשר אתה לפחות מצפה.

† We are of the Assembly of Yahweh. We are of no other fold. We join no other. We walk with the Lion from the Tribe of Judah.

אלוהים
מגיע כאשר אתה לפחות מצפה.
Translation from Hebrew: God comes when you least expect.

Yes, and I can assure you that he is not a member of the website. Really, we are tolerant, but this is entirely inappropriate, off topic, and carries with it a preponderance that we are not worthy enough for failing to assist you in your difficulty. It has no place here in this discussion.

Also, do us a favor, and never post on these forums again

This is not a determination or assertion which you are authorized to make. Please review netiquette and refrain from future outbursts. This site is designed for the people. We do not promote cyber bullying. In the future, please report abusive content to our team right away and do not add to it.

We have a small community, and an even smaller group of staff. If you think we all have the time to go through every forum and read every thread - go kill yourself...

​This will be a further warning. This violates our Terms of Service

All replies are welcome? And then you tell your only helper, in no hidden way, to "<expletive> off" because he's replying with "meaningless" information - he's trying to help you

This is inappropriate and the thread is no longer on topic. It violates our terms of use for this site. The original poster has also emailed us a cryptic message in English and Hebrew which is unsolicited. The thread is closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom