MUSIC Get In lLine

Did Monty Python re-incarnate? Not the best of productions, but with a pinch of salt I found it amusing. And we do need some salt in our lives, don't we, now?

Did Monty Python re-incarnate? Not the best of productions, but with a pinch of salt I found it amusing. And we do need some salt in our lives, don't we, now?

I suppose that it's a matter of taste, which is both subjective and subject to change, but what I tasted was more akin to vinegar and I don't think a pinch of salt would change it's PH level.

I suppose that it's a matter of taste, which is both subjective and subject to change, but what I tasted was more akin to vinegar and I don't think a pinch of salt would change it's PH level.
Very good. The thing I love about this Forum is, it gives space for opinions. Like Mike noted, out of free memory, Forum rules were created for members, not Moderators' need or want for power. --- It was something like that.

Vinegar for one may be sweet for another. An ideology to cherish? Or is it just us elderly men, with enough of bruises by time of life, come to understand......... one has a neighbor and a fellow [wo]man, and who was the one with the right opinion? The longer I live, the more I doubt, and the more I suspect my own certainty.

Very good. The thing I love about this Forum is, it gives space for opinions. Like Mike noted, out of free memory, Forum rules were created for members, not Moderators' need or want for power. --- It was something like that.

Vinegar for one may be sweet for another. An ideology to cherish? Or is it just us elderly men, with enough of bruises by time of life, come to understand......... one has a neighbor and a fellow [wo]man, and who was the one with the right opinion? The longer I live, the more I doubt, and the more I suspect my own certainty.
Yes it is in the differences that we find a common ground. We can agree to differ. :encouragement:

Pauli,

I don't believe there is such a thing as a true opinion, only a truth that is true...opinion doesn't necessarily equate to truth and more often than not doesn't. Therefore, we all have the right to be wrong, as much and as long as we can withstand the consequences, as long as doesn't harm someone else. Expressing one's opinions is not harmful to anyone, but their reaction to them may be.

Last edited:
Pauli,

I don't believe there is such a thing as a true opinion, only a truth that is true...opinion doesn't necessarily equate to truth and more often than not doesn't. Therefore, we all have the right to be wrong, as much and as long as we can withstand the consequences, as long as doesn't harm someone else. Expressing one's opinions is not harmful to anyone, but their reaction to them may be.
Truth is a matter of opinion and perspective. That which is true today may not be so tomorrow. Firmly held opinions that would seem true are found wanting. Scientific truth is not always so. Boundaries extend as we learn. Each step is stated to be true. So even truth has a certain elasticity as we learn.
Nothing is certain. The more we know the less we know.

That you can say that means that you don't understand the word truth in the fashion that I use it. I said nothing about science. Truth is not subject to anyone opinion or understanding, nor does it change, only our limited perspectives of it does.

That you can say that means that you don't understand the word truth in the fashion that I use it. I said nothing about science. Truth is not subject to anyone opinion, nor does it change, only our limited perspectives of it does.
To say we understand truth we would need to know a truth. Truth seems to change and ultimate truth is always just out of reach.

I never meant to imply that anyone knows all truth, but some knows part of it. It is to that part to which one must anchor one's search, otherwise one will become lost in a maze of possibilities. The trick is to find that anchor, and no one is able to find it for someone else.

Last edited:
I never meant to imply that anyone knows all truth, but some knows part of it. It is to that part to which one must anchor one's search, otherwise one will become lost in a maze of possibilities. The trick is to find that anchor, and no one is able to find it for someone else.
It would seem to be a matter of perspective. Each person views the world in a different manner. Same with religion.
From the mundane to the highest thought processes, nobody has the monopoly on truth.
Each group or religion is certain they hold the only true way. Some get very frustrated that others cannot see that . Indeed the search for ultimate truth has lead to more bloodshed then any other .

Obviously, it is a matter of perspective...from your perspective, but it doesn't matter in the least that there are conflicting views. Nor would it matter if everybody agreed, if what they agreed on was false. Truth doesn't waver one iota, regardless of what anyone thinks of it. As long as you persist in dismissing the concept of truth, because there is disagreement about it, you will never learn about the truth. If that makes you happy, then so be it.

Obviously, it is a matter of perspective...from your perspective, but it doesn't matter in the least that there are conflicting views. Nor would it matter if everybody agreed, if what they agreed on was false. Truth doesn't waver one iota, regardless of what anyone thinks of it. As long as you persist in dismissing the concept of truth, because there is disagreement about it, you will never learn about the truth. If that makes you happy, then so be it.
In the Uk I can say it is night yet in the US it will be day. It is all a matter of perspective. Time and place. Each is stating the truth but it is still only a partial truth.
Truth changes as the earth revolves. One thing persists mans ability to insist he know the truth.
We are the chosen ones etc. Having taking on the mantle of some higher power man feels able to wage war and inflict all manner of harm.
Throughout history most wars have been waged with priests blessing the men.
God is with us and no witch shall be allowed to live. Torturing to save the soul.
Men who knew the truth or deluded and fanatical followers. They knew the unchanging nature of God. So in his name torture and war was fine. for the greater good.
I know one thing. Love and hatred are to opposite poles. You cannot hold up the idea of a loving being and then do the most grievous
and inhuman acts upon another and call that religion.
How long has this inhumanity persisted as long as religion and we still learn nothing.
I know that I know nothing but once thought I did.
We can all guild lilies and make suitable noises. Most religion is such. Man gets his hand on a thing it is going to fail.
The Inquisition was man taking and doing the exact opposite of that which was preached.
Nothing changes.

Back