Get rid of Windows 10 installation

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation' started by Brunette, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Brunette

Brunette New Member

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people, I do not want to install Win10. I tried it and my WiFi didn't work at all anymore, no matter what I tried, so I switched back to Win8.1. However, since then, whenever I install Windows updates, I get this message: "Your upgrade to Windows 10 is ready". And then if I reboot my PC, it starts installing Win10 again... This has been going on for months and months and I am sick of it. I have been able to remove this message a few times, but this time nothing is working.

What I already did:

De-install KB3035583 and KB2976978
    Look for the $Windows.~BT but cannot find it anywhere (even though I can see hidden folders)

Does anyone know how to make sure that I will not be installing Win10 when I reboot my computer in a few hours??

Thank you!

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

Brunette likes this.
  3. Brunette

Brunette New Member

Thanks Joe!!
    I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, but which one is the exe version?

4. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

The Stand Alone version. It will cleanup any windows 10 junk already on there.
    Joe

5. Brunette

Brunette New Member

Ah crap in the end I chose the Installer. But good news is, it worked!!!!! And it was so easy! Thank you so much Joe, you're a hero!